Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins fell apart against the Philadelphia Flyers in the early portion of Sunday’s afternoon contest and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury paid the price.
Though Fleury did the best he could under the circumstances, he allowed three goals on 16 shots with two of those markers coming while the Flyers’ had the man advantage.
Wayne Simmonds was involved in all three goals and found the back of the net for the 20th and 21st times in 2013-14 campaign.
The Flyers, which are playing for a postseason spot while Pittsburgh has already all-but locked up Metropolitan Division, also earned a 4-0 victory against the Penguins on Saturday in the first half of this home-and-home series.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)