Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins fell apart against the Philadelphia Flyers in the early portion of Sunday’s afternoon contest and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury paid the price.
Though Fleury did the best he could under the circumstances, he allowed three goals on 16 shots with two of those markers coming while the Flyers’ had the man advantage.
Wayne Simmonds was involved in all three goals and found the back of the net for the 20th and 21st times in 2013-14 campaign.
The Flyers, which are playing for a postseason spot while Pittsburgh has already all-but locked up Metropolitan Division, also earned a 4-0 victory against the Penguins on Saturday in the first half of this home-and-home series.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8