Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins fell apart against the Philadelphia Flyers in the early portion of Sunday’s afternoon contest and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury paid the price.
Though Fleury did the best he could under the circumstances, he allowed three goals on 16 shots with two of those markers coming while the Flyers’ had the man advantage.
Wayne Simmonds was involved in all three goals and found the back of the net for the 20th and 21st times in 2013-14 campaign.
The Flyers, which are playing for a postseason spot while Pittsburgh has already all-but locked up Metropolitan Division, also earned a 4-0 victory against the Penguins on Saturday in the first half of this home-and-home series.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)