Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins fell apart against the Philadelphia Flyers in the early portion of Sunday’s afternoon contest and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury paid the price.
Though Fleury did the best he could under the circumstances, he allowed three goals on 16 shots with two of those markers coming while the Flyers’ had the man advantage.
Wayne Simmonds was involved in all three goals and found the back of the net for the 20th and 21st times in 2013-14 campaign.
The Flyers, which are playing for a postseason spot while Pittsburgh has already all-but locked up Metropolitan Division, also earned a 4-0 victory against the Penguins on Saturday in the first half of this home-and-home series.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 0
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 13
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 8
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 7
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 31
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)