Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins fell apart against the Philadelphia Flyers in the early portion of Sunday’s afternoon contest and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury paid the price.
Though Fleury did the best he could under the circumstances, he allowed three goals on 16 shots with two of those markers coming while the Flyers’ had the man advantage.
Wayne Simmonds was involved in all three goals and found the back of the net for the 20th and 21st times in 2013-14 campaign.
The Flyers, which are playing for a postseason spot while Pittsburgh has already all-but locked up Metropolitan Division, also earned a 4-0 victory against the Penguins on Saturday in the first half of this home-and-home series.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17