Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma reported that Kunitz is “feeling well, but not well enough to be in today’s lineup,” according to NHL.com. This is his second straight game on the sidelines.
Pittsburgh is also missing James Neal and the absence of two of the team’s top-six forwards might encourage Bylsma to pair up Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin more often than normal. For the most part though, it’s projected that Taylor Pyatt will be playing alongside Crosby in Kunitz’s place.
Philadelphia earned a 4-0 victory in the first half of this home-and-home series on Saturday. Today’s contest will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can also watch it online by clicking here.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)