Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma reported that Kunitz is “feeling well, but not well enough to be in today’s lineup,” according to NHL.com. This is his second straight game on the sidelines.
Pittsburgh is also missing James Neal and the absence of two of the team’s top-six forwards might encourage Bylsma to pair up Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin more often than normal. For the most part though, it’s projected that Taylor Pyatt will be playing alongside Crosby in Kunitz’s place.
Philadelphia earned a 4-0 victory in the first half of this home-and-home series on Saturday. Today’s contest will start at 12:30 p.m. ET and air on NBC. You can also watch it online by clicking here.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)