Mar 12, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Rich Peverley‘s season is over. Whether the 31-year-old Stars forward still has an NHL career has yet to be determined.
For now, the plan is for Peverley to undergo a heart procedure at the Cleveland Clinic — a procedure that was originally scheduled for the off-season, but has understandably been pushed up after he suffered a “cardiac event” and collapsed on the bench Monday in a game versus the Blue Jackets in Dallas.
Stars blog DefendingBigD covered today’s press conference in Dallas, which included Peverley, coach Lindy Ruff, general manager Jim Nill and team doctors Robert Dimeff and William Robertson.
Peverley is signed through next season for a cap hit of $3.25 million.
Update: Here’s Peverley offering his gratitude to those who helped him, and also all those who lent their support:
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (61)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)