Mar 12, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Rich Peverley‘s season is over. Whether the 31-year-old Stars forward still has an NHL career has yet to be determined.
For now, the plan is for Peverley to undergo a heart procedure at the Cleveland Clinic — a procedure that was originally scheduled for the off-season, but has understandably been pushed up after he suffered a “cardiac event” and collapsed on the bench Monday in a game versus the Blue Jackets in Dallas.
Stars blog DefendingBigD covered today’s press conference in Dallas, which included Peverley, coach Lindy Ruff, general manager Jim Nill and team doctors Robert Dimeff and William Robertson.
Peverley is signed through next season for a cap hit of $3.25 million.
Update: Here’s Peverley offering his gratitude to those who helped him, and also all those who lent their support:
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 34
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)