Mar 10, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
Update: The Dallas Stars announced that Rich Peverley has been hospitalized and is conscious after that incident. The NHL is still in the decision-making process regarding a cancellation.
Play has been suspended between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Dallas Stars on Monday as Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench tonight (follow this link for video).
No announcement has yet been made regarding whether or not the game will be postponed to a later date. It’s also unclear what might be ailing the 31-year-old forward, although Lindy Ruff announced that he’ll be “OK.”
The Dallas Morning News noted that Peverley was recently sidelined with cardiac issues, but it’s not official if that might be the cause of his problems at this time. This is what Ruff said about Peverley’s irregular heartbeat on March 6; note that he missed all of the preseason and the season-opener with such issues.
“It was the same thing,” Ruff said. “He’s been monitoring it the whole year and this might have been the first or second time it’s come around, but it’s something he has to deal with and it’s something that obviously we’re aware of.”
This post will be updated when more information is made available.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35