Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
To put things lightly, life is brutal for the Vancouver Canucks right now. In fact, it might be dangerous to ask the question: “Can things get any worse?”
They dropped their fourth loss in a row in disastrous fashion to the Dallas Stars on Thursday, losing 6-1. The post-game quotes seem as glum as Roberto Luongo‘s tweets were triumphantly funny, as Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy notes.
Eddie Lack took some responsibility after the loss following a game in which he was pulled before the third period, admitting that he needs to be better. Make no mistake about it, though; plenty of fingers will be pointed at Canucks GM Mike Gillis instead.
The Canucks have only won one game since Jan. 27, going 1-10-1 in that horrendous span.
Vancouver’s struggles obscure a fantastic performance by Tyler Seguin, who notched a hat trick and two assists in a dominant evening. Actually, Seguin’s output might have generated the harshest Twitter reaction, and it wasn’t from Luongo:
Also from Thursday’s ugly game
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)