Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EST
To put things lightly, life is brutal for the Vancouver Canucks right now. In fact, it might be dangerous to ask the question: “Can things get any worse?”
They dropped their fourth loss in a row in disastrous fashion to the Dallas Stars on Thursday, losing 6-1. The post-game quotes seem as glum as Roberto Luongo‘s tweets were triumphantly funny, as Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy notes.
Eddie Lack took some responsibility after the loss following a game in which he was pulled before the third period, admitting that he needs to be better. Make no mistake about it, though; plenty of fingers will be pointed at Canucks GM Mike Gillis instead.
The Canucks have only won one game since Jan. 27, going 1-10-1 in that horrendous span.
Vancouver’s struggles obscure a fantastic performance by Tyler Seguin, who notched a hat trick and two assists in a dominant evening. Actually, Seguin’s output might have generated the harshest Twitter reaction, and it wasn’t from Luongo:
Also from Thursday’s ugly game
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)