Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
To put things lightly, life is brutal for the Vancouver Canucks right now. In fact, it might be dangerous to ask the question: “Can things get any worse?”
They dropped their fourth loss in a row in disastrous fashion to the Dallas Stars on Thursday, losing 6-1. The post-game quotes seem as glum as Roberto Luongo‘s tweets were triumphantly funny, as Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy notes.
Eddie Lack took some responsibility after the loss following a game in which he was pulled before the third period, admitting that he needs to be better. Make no mistake about it, though; plenty of fingers will be pointed at Canucks GM Mike Gillis instead.
The Canucks have only won one game since Jan. 27, going 1-10-1 in that horrendous span.
Vancouver’s struggles obscure a fantastic performance by Tyler Seguin, who notched a hat trick and two assists in a dominant evening. Actually, Seguin’s output might have generated the harshest Twitter reaction, and it wasn’t from Luongo:
Also from Thursday’s ugly game
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)