Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
To put things lightly, life is brutal for the Vancouver Canucks right now. In fact, it might be dangerous to ask the question: “Can things get any worse?”
They dropped their fourth loss in a row in disastrous fashion to the Dallas Stars on Thursday, losing 6-1. The post-game quotes seem as glum as Roberto Luongo‘s tweets were triumphantly funny, as Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy notes.
Eddie Lack took some responsibility after the loss following a game in which he was pulled before the third period, admitting that he needs to be better. Make no mistake about it, though; plenty of fingers will be pointed at Canucks GM Mike Gillis instead.
The Canucks have only won one game since Jan. 27, going 1-10-1 in that horrendous span.
Vancouver’s struggles obscure a fantastic performance by Tyler Seguin, who notched a hat trick and two assists in a dominant evening. Actually, Seguin’s output might have generated the harshest Twitter reaction, and it wasn’t from Luongo:
Also from Thursday’s ugly game
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)