Mar 6, 2014, 11:32 PM EDT
To put things lightly, life is brutal for the Vancouver Canucks right now. In fact, it might be dangerous to ask the question: “Can things get any worse?”
They dropped their fourth loss in a row in disastrous fashion to the Dallas Stars on Thursday, losing 6-1. The post-game quotes seem as glum as Roberto Luongo‘s tweets were triumphantly funny, as Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy notes.
Eddie Lack took some responsibility after the loss following a game in which he was pulled before the third period, admitting that he needs to be better. Make no mistake about it, though; plenty of fingers will be pointed at Canucks GM Mike Gillis instead.
The Canucks have only won one game since Jan. 27, going 1-10-1 in that horrendous span.
Vancouver’s struggles obscure a fantastic performance by Tyler Seguin, who notched a hat trick and two assists in a dominant evening. Actually, Seguin’s output might have generated the harshest Twitter reaction, and it wasn’t from Luongo:
Also from Thursday’s ugly game
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 6
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 51
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 160
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 30
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)