Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
You didn’t expect Roberto Luongo to stay quiet as the Vancouver Canucks got shellacked just days after trading him, did you?
With the Florida Panthers off on Thursday, Luongo gained the opportunity to provide some typically amusing (and unfiltered) commentary for his former team, which turned out to be well-timed as things haven’t gone well for the Canucks as of this writing. Eddie Lack only made it through two periods of tonight’s contest against the Dallas Stars, as Tyler Seguin & Co. beat him five times on just 17 shots. Update: The Stars ended up winning 6-1, with Seguin getting a hat trick and two assists.
Which prompted this trio of tweets from Luongo (and it’s anyone’s guess if he’ll provide a few more pithy comments):
Maybe the more appropriate hash tag would be #PrayforCanucksFans.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)