Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
You didn’t expect Roberto Luongo to stay quiet as the Vancouver Canucks got shellacked just days after trading him, did you?
With the Florida Panthers off on Thursday, Luongo gained the opportunity to provide some typically amusing (and unfiltered) commentary for his former team, which turned out to be well-timed as things haven’t gone well for the Canucks as of this writing. Eddie Lack only made it through two periods of tonight’s contest against the Dallas Stars, as Tyler Seguin & Co. beat him five times on just 17 shots. Update: The Stars ended up winning 6-1, with Seguin getting a hat trick and two assists.
Which prompted this trio of tweets from Luongo (and it’s anyone’s guess if he’ll provide a few more pithy comments):
Maybe the more appropriate hash tag would be #PrayforCanucksFans.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)