Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
You didn’t expect Roberto Luongo to stay quiet as the Vancouver Canucks got shellacked just days after trading him, did you?
With the Florida Panthers off on Thursday, Luongo gained the opportunity to provide some typically amusing (and unfiltered) commentary for his former team, which turned out to be well-timed as things haven’t gone well for the Canucks as of this writing. Eddie Lack only made it through two periods of tonight’s contest against the Dallas Stars, as Tyler Seguin & Co. beat him five times on just 17 shots. Update: The Stars ended up winning 6-1, with Seguin getting a hat trick and two assists.
Which prompted this trio of tweets from Luongo (and it’s anyone’s guess if he’ll provide a few more pithy comments):
Maybe the more appropriate hash tag would be #PrayforCanucksFans.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)