Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
You didn’t expect Roberto Luongo to stay quiet as the Vancouver Canucks got shellacked just days after trading him, did you?
With the Florida Panthers off on Thursday, Luongo gained the opportunity to provide some typically amusing (and unfiltered) commentary for his former team, which turned out to be well-timed as things haven’t gone well for the Canucks as of this writing. Eddie Lack only made it through two periods of tonight’s contest against the Dallas Stars, as Tyler Seguin & Co. beat him five times on just 17 shots. Update: The Stars ended up winning 6-1, with Seguin getting a hat trick and two assists.
Which prompted this trio of tweets from Luongo (and it’s anyone’s guess if he’ll provide a few more pithy comments):
Maybe the more appropriate hash tag would be #PrayforCanucksFans.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)