Mar 2, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
“Lack deserved to play this game but Lui has done everything we’ve asked of him,” Tortorella said, according to QMI’s Hosea Chung.
“Lui’s pissed … but I have to make decisions which I think will give our team the best chance to win.”
The Canucks didn’t win on Sunday, as Lack & Co. fell to the Ottawa Senators 4-2. Tortorella said he knows that fans are upset, but he can’t just make decisions to make people happy.
Eddie Lack didn’t pretend that fans weren’t chanting for Luongo at times on Sunday. Instead, he just tried to block out those distractions.
“It’s their opinion,” Lack said. ” … I’m ok with it. I’m just trying to play the best I can out there.”
Despite this honest approach, the Lack – Luongo drama just seems to add another headache to a tense situation for the Canucks and their fans.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)