Mar 2, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
“Lack deserved to play this game but Lui has done everything we’ve asked of him,” Tortorella said, according to QMI’s Hosea Chung.
“Lui’s pissed … but I have to make decisions which I think will give our team the best chance to win.”
The Canucks didn’t win on Sunday, as Lack & Co. fell to the Ottawa Senators 4-2. Tortorella said he knows that fans are upset, but he can’t just make decisions to make people happy.
Eddie Lack didn’t pretend that fans weren’t chanting for Luongo at times on Sunday. Instead, he just tried to block out those distractions.
“It’s their opinion,” Lack said. ” … I’m ok with it. I’m just trying to play the best I can out there.”
Despite this honest approach, the Lack – Luongo drama just seems to add another headache to a tense situation for the Canucks and their fans.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39