Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Christian Ehrhoff offered his thoughts on Saturday’s announcement that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres.
“I was shocked and very surprised. I thought Patty did a very good job,” Ehrhoff told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
The Sabres made the announcement via Twitter, on what has already been an eventful day across the National Hockey League. Now begins the process of finding out exactly why this has happened.
There have been reports that there had been problems in the Sabres front office. As Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk reported, Lafontaine was also not in attendance at the Sabres game on Friday – the same day the club dealt goalie Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)