Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
Christian Ehrhoff offered his thoughts on Saturday’s announcement that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres.
“I was shocked and very surprised. I thought Patty did a very good job,” Ehrhoff told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
The Sabres made the announcement via Twitter, on what has already been an eventful day across the National Hockey League. Now begins the process of finding out exactly why this has happened.
There have been reports that there had been problems in the Sabres front office. As Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk reported, Lafontaine was also not in attendance at the Sabres game on Friday – the same day the club dealt goalie Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 23
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27