Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Christian Ehrhoff offered his thoughts on Saturday’s announcement that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres.
“I was shocked and very surprised. I thought Patty did a very good job,” Ehrhoff told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
The Sabres made the announcement via Twitter, on what has already been an eventful day across the National Hockey League. Now begins the process of finding out exactly why this has happened.
There have been reports that there had been problems in the Sabres front office. As Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk reported, Lafontaine was also not in attendance at the Sabres game on Friday – the same day the club dealt goalie Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)