Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 PM EST
Christian Ehrhoff offered his thoughts on Saturday’s announcement that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres.
“I was shocked and very surprised. I thought Patty did a very good job,” Ehrhoff told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
The Sabres made the announcement via Twitter, on what has already been an eventful day across the National Hockey League. Now begins the process of finding out exactly why this has happened.
There have been reports that there had been problems in the Sabres front office. As Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk reported, Lafontaine was also not in attendance at the Sabres game on Friday – the same day the club dealt goalie Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)