Mar 1, 2014, 8:06 PM EDT
Christian Ehrhoff offered his thoughts on Saturday’s announcement that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position as president of hockey operations with the Buffalo Sabres.
“I was shocked and very surprised. I thought Patty did a very good job,” Ehrhoff told Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
The Sabres made the announcement via Twitter, on what has already been an eventful day across the National Hockey League. Now begins the process of finding out exactly why this has happened.
There have been reports that there had been problems in the Sabres front office. As Joe Yerdon of ProHockeyTalk reported, Lafontaine was also not in attendance at the Sabres game on Friday – the same day the club dealt goalie Ryan Miller and forward Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues.
Definitely hearing conflicting items. Source close 2 team says LaF wanted 2 go back to NYC/NHL. Another says this is all about Miller/Nolan.—
Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) March 01, 2014
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (42)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)