Feb 28, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
Regular readers will already know my feelings on the shootout, so I’d be remiss not to pass along Calgary general manager Brian Burke’s.
Burke made those comments today at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, where, by the way, he’s always a big hit with the stats enthusiasts.
But back to Burke’s anti-shootout comments, because those were just the latest from an NHL general manager. Dave Nonis and Ken Holland have also called for ways to reduce the significant number of shootouts that are deciding games, including extending overtime and introducing 3-on-3 overtime.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11