Feb 28, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Regular readers will already know my feelings on the shootout, so I’d be remiss not to pass along Calgary general manager Brian Burke’s.
Burke made those comments today at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, where, by the way, he’s always a big hit with the stats enthusiasts.
But back to Burke’s anti-shootout comments, because those were just the latest from an NHL general manager. Dave Nonis and Ken Holland have also called for ways to reduce the significant number of shootouts that are deciding games, including extending overtime and introducing 3-on-3 overtime.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39