Feb 26, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Malkin — like many of his Russian teammates — struggled during the Winter Games. He recorded all three of his points in a tournament-0pening win over Slovenia, then went scoreless over the final four games as Russia crashed out in the quarterfinals to Finland.
Rossi’s piece is lengthy, informative and full of anecdotes giving insight into the dysfunction of the Russian team, from questionable player selections to constantly changing strategy to a rift between NHLers and KHLers.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36