Feb 26, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Malkin — like many of his Russian teammates — struggled during the Winter Games. He recorded all three of his points in a tournament-0pening win over Slovenia, then went scoreless over the final four games as Russia crashed out in the quarterfinals to Finland.
Rossi’s piece is lengthy, informative and full of anecdotes giving insight into the dysfunction of the Russian team, from questionable player selections to constantly changing strategy to a rift between NHLers and KHLers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5