Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Another NHLer is going to miss significant time to an injury suffered at the Olympics.
Mats Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leading scorer with 43 points, will miss 3-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand, according to the Bergen Record. Zuccarello suffered the fracture while representing Norway in Sochi, getting hurt during the preliminary round and missing Norway’s playoff loss to Russia.
With this news, Zuccarello joins a growing list of players that are going to miss major parts of their NHL campaigns. Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg could be out for the remainder of the regular season after hurting his back while playing for Sweden (he underwent back surgery on Friday) and Islanders captain John Tavares will miss the rest of the year after tearing his MCL while playing for Canada against Latvia.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 6
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 22
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 90
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (90)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)