Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
Another NHLer is going to miss significant time to an injury suffered at the Olympics.
Mats Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leading scorer with 43 points, will miss 3-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand, according to the Bergen Record. Zuccarello suffered the fracture while representing Norway in Sochi, getting hurt during the preliminary round and missing Norway’s playoff loss to Russia.
With this news, Zuccarello joins a growing list of players that are going to miss major parts of their NHL campaigns. Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg could be out for the remainder of the regular season after hurting his back while playing for Sweden (he underwent back surgery on Friday) and Islanders captain John Tavares will miss the rest of the year after tearing his MCL while playing for Canada against Latvia.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 19
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 17
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)