Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 PM EST
Another NHLer is going to miss significant time to an injury suffered at the Olympics.
Mats Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leading scorer with 43 points, will miss 3-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand, according to the Bergen Record. Zuccarello suffered the fracture while representing Norway in Sochi, getting hurt during the preliminary round and missing Norway’s playoff loss to Russia.
With this news, Zuccarello joins a growing list of players that are going to miss major parts of their NHL campaigns. Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg could be out for the remainder of the regular season after hurting his back while playing for Sweden (he underwent back surgery on Friday) and Islanders captain John Tavares will miss the rest of the year after tearing his MCL while playing for Canada against Latvia.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)