Feb 21, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
Another NHLer is going to miss significant time to an injury suffered at the Olympics.
Mats Zuccarello, the Rangers’ leading scorer with 43 points, will miss 3-4 weeks with a non-displaced fracture in his left hand, according to the Bergen Record. Zuccarello suffered the fracture while representing Norway in Sochi, getting hurt during the preliminary round and missing Norway’s playoff loss to Russia.
With this news, Zuccarello joins a growing list of players that are going to miss major parts of their NHL campaigns. Detroit captain Henrik Zetterberg could be out for the remainder of the regular season after hurting his back while playing for Sweden (he underwent back surgery on Friday) and Islanders captain John Tavares will miss the rest of the year after tearing his MCL while playing for Canada against Latvia.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17