Feb 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
There’s a roster freeze in effect, so obviously no trades will be announced in the near future. That being said, once the Olympics are over, it won’t be long until the trade deadline and we might be in for some blockbusters.
One of the players whose name keeps coming up St. Louis’ Chris Stewart.
He’s a physical forward and a threat to score that would fit nicely on a lot of team’s second or third line. The Blues have been giving him just 13:39 minutes per contest this season though and have been offering him to teams around the league, according to the Ottawa Sun’s sources.
Some squads might balk at his $4.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 campaign, but the Ottawa Senators are believed to be interested in his services. They have more than enough room, even if they don’t necessarily intend to spend to the ceiling. At 26, Stewart is also young enough to factor into Ottawa’s long-term plans as well as provide them with a boost during their current battle for a postseason spot.
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 0
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)