Feb 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
There’s a roster freeze in effect, so obviously no trades will be announced in the near future. That being said, once the Olympics are over, it won’t be long until the trade deadline and we might be in for some blockbusters.
One of the players whose name keeps coming up St. Louis’ Chris Stewart.
He’s a physical forward and a threat to score that would fit nicely on a lot of team’s second or third line. The Blues have been giving him just 13:39 minutes per contest this season though and have been offering him to teams around the league, according to the Ottawa Sun’s sources.
Some squads might balk at his $4.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 campaign, but the Ottawa Senators are believed to be interested in his services. They have more than enough room, even if they don’t necessarily intend to spend to the ceiling. At 26, Stewart is also young enough to factor into Ottawa’s long-term plans as well as provide them with a boost during their current battle for a postseason spot.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)