Feb 9, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
There’s a roster freeze in effect, so obviously no trades will be announced in the near future. That being said, once the Olympics are over, it won’t be long until the trade deadline and we might be in for some blockbusters.
One of the players whose name keeps coming up St. Louis’ Chris Stewart.
He’s a physical forward and a threat to score that would fit nicely on a lot of team’s second or third line. The Blues have been giving him just 13:39 minutes per contest this season though and have been offering him to teams around the league, according to the Ottawa Sun’s sources.
Some squads might balk at his $4.15 million annual cap hit through the 2014-15 campaign, but the Ottawa Senators are believed to be interested in his services. They have more than enough room, even if they don’t necessarily intend to spend to the ceiling. At 26, Stewart is also young enough to factor into Ottawa’s long-term plans as well as provide them with a boost during their current battle for a postseason spot.
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 1
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 50
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)