Feb 6, 2014, 4:18 PM EDT
Thursday was a rough one for the Predators.
Not long after GM David Poile was hospitalized due to taking a puck to the face in Minnesota, the club announced that longtime play-by-play man Pete Weber had suffered a heart attack. The Tennessean reports Weber was taken to hospital from Xcel Energy Center this morning.
Later, the Preds released the following statement:
Predators’ television broadcaster Pete Weber underwent a successful heart procedure this morning in a St. Paul, Minn. hospital. He is resting comfortably and will remain in the hospital recovering for the next couple days before returning to Nashville. He will miss tonight’s (at Minnesota) and Saturday’s (vs. Anaheim) Predators’ games.
Willy Daunic will work with Terry Crisp on the Fox Sports Tennessee telecasts tonight and Saturday while Milwaukee Admirals’ play-by-play broadcaster Aaron Sims will join Stu Grimson on the radio call tonight on 102.5 The Game.
The Predators and Predators’ fans wish Pete a speedy recovery and look forward to his return to play-by-play duties when fully recovered.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune tweeted a picture of Weber resting in hospital, and Weber later took to Twitter himself:
Thanks to all for your wishes! Resting comfortably in St Paul, close to Tom Reid’s bar!
— Pete Weber (@PeteWeberSports) February 6, 2014
Weber has been the voice of the Predators since the club’s inaugural season in 1998-99, and was named the Tennessee Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in 2012.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4