Feb 2, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov hears the rumors about how he wants to go back to the KHL after going through the ups and downs that come with being a young blue liner in the NHL. He also knows those rumors are totally bogus.
Kulikov tells George Richards of the Miami Herald there’s zero truth to the KHL talk .
“Wanting to go back to Russia? Those words have never come out of my mouth,” Kulikov said. “I think the people starting that are just trying to create more drama for the league or whatever… I want to help turn things around here. I want to win here. The year we made the playoffs was like the best thing ever. It’s a totally different feeling. I want to feel that again.”
Kulikov said he’d love to meet the people who are spreading rumors of his apparent desire to go home. Feel free to picture him going “Jay & Silent Bob” on Internet rumormongers and have a laugh to yourself.
All told, while the Panthers have struggled Kulikov hasn’t been as bad some believe. His advanced numbers are average and he’s still producing points from the blue line. If the Panthers were winning more games, perhaps the perception of his play would be a little better.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22