Feb 2, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov hears the rumors about how he wants to go back to the KHL after going through the ups and downs that come with being a young blue liner in the NHL. He also knows those rumors are totally bogus.
Kulikov tells George Richards of the Miami Herald there’s zero truth to the KHL talk .
“Wanting to go back to Russia? Those words have never come out of my mouth,” Kulikov said. “I think the people starting that are just trying to create more drama for the league or whatever… I want to help turn things around here. I want to win here. The year we made the playoffs was like the best thing ever. It’s a totally different feeling. I want to feel that again.”
Kulikov said he’d love to meet the people who are spreading rumors of his apparent desire to go home. Feel free to picture him going “Jay & Silent Bob” on Internet rumormongers and have a laugh to yourself.
All told, while the Panthers have struggled Kulikov hasn’t been as bad some believe. His advanced numbers are average and he’s still producing points from the blue line. If the Panthers were winning more games, perhaps the perception of his play would be a little better.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 21
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 33
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)