Feb 2, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Florida Panthers defenseman Dmitry Kulikov hears the rumors about how he wants to go back to the KHL after going through the ups and downs that come with being a young blue liner in the NHL. He also knows those rumors are totally bogus.
Kulikov tells George Richards of the Miami Herald there’s zero truth to the KHL talk .
“Wanting to go back to Russia? Those words have never come out of my mouth,” Kulikov said. “I think the people starting that are just trying to create more drama for the league or whatever… I want to help turn things around here. I want to win here. The year we made the playoffs was like the best thing ever. It’s a totally different feeling. I want to feel that again.”
Kulikov said he’d love to meet the people who are spreading rumors of his apparent desire to go home. Feel free to picture him going “Jay & Silent Bob” on Internet rumormongers and have a laugh to yourself.
All told, while the Panthers have struggled Kulikov hasn’t been as bad some believe. His advanced numbers are average and he’s still producing points from the blue line. If the Panthers were winning more games, perhaps the perception of his play would be a little better.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)