Feb 2, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes are getting their Conn Smythe Award winning goalie back.
In those starts, he went 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage. It’s only two starts, but those numbers are strong and could signal a return to his old self is on the way.
This season hasn’t been great for Ward as his numbers are way down with a save percentage below .900. Backups Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters have played strong in his absence and have the Hurricanes in striking distance of the playoffs. Carolina is one point back of Philadelphia for the last Wild Card spot in the East.
No wonder there have been trade rumors floating around Ward lately.
If Ward can find his game and help give the ‘Canes a lift, that’ll be a bonus. As it is right now, goaltending isn’t quite the problem in Carolina.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)