Feb 2, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes are getting their Conn Smythe Award winning goalie back.
In those starts, he went 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage. It’s only two starts, but those numbers are strong and could signal a return to his old self is on the way.
This season hasn’t been great for Ward as his numbers are way down with a save percentage below .900. Backups Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters have played strong in his absence and have the Hurricanes in striking distance of the playoffs. Carolina is one point back of Philadelphia for the last Wild Card spot in the East.
No wonder there have been trade rumors floating around Ward lately.
If Ward can find his game and help give the ‘Canes a lift, that’ll be a bonus. As it is right now, goaltending isn’t quite the problem in Carolina.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22