Feb 2, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes are getting their Conn Smythe Award winning goalie back.
In those starts, he went 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage. It’s only two starts, but those numbers are strong and could signal a return to his old self is on the way.
This season hasn’t been great for Ward as his numbers are way down with a save percentage below .900. Backups Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters have played strong in his absence and have the Hurricanes in striking distance of the playoffs. Carolina is one point back of Philadelphia for the last Wild Card spot in the East.
No wonder there have been trade rumors floating around Ward lately.
If Ward can find his game and help give the ‘Canes a lift, that’ll be a bonus. As it is right now, goaltending isn’t quite the problem in Carolina.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63