Feb 2, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes are getting their Conn Smythe Award winning goalie back.
In those starts, he went 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage. It’s only two starts, but those numbers are strong and could signal a return to his old self is on the way.
This season hasn’t been great for Ward as his numbers are way down with a save percentage below .900. Backups Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters have played strong in his absence and have the Hurricanes in striking distance of the playoffs. Carolina is one point back of Philadelphia for the last Wild Card spot in the East.
No wonder there have been trade rumors floating around Ward lately.
If Ward can find his game and help give the ‘Canes a lift, that’ll be a bonus. As it is right now, goaltending isn’t quite the problem in Carolina.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10