Feb 2, 2014, 12:00 AM EST
The Carolina Hurricanes are getting their Conn Smythe Award winning goalie back.
In those starts, he went 1-1-0 with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .937 save percentage. It’s only two starts, but those numbers are strong and could signal a return to his old self is on the way.
This season hasn’t been great for Ward as his numbers are way down with a save percentage below .900. Backups Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters have played strong in his absence and have the Hurricanes in striking distance of the playoffs. Carolina is one point back of Philadelphia for the last Wild Card spot in the East.
No wonder there have been trade rumors floating around Ward lately.
If Ward can find his game and help give the ‘Canes a lift, that’ll be a bonus. As it is right now, goaltending isn’t quite the problem in Carolina.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35