Feb 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils find themselves ranked 13th in the East on Sunday after losing three of their last four games, yet head coach Peter DeBoer provided the Newark Star-Ledger with a rosy big picture outlook.
“We’re in a good spot. I believe we’re in a good spot and that’s not just lip service,” DeBoer said. “We’ve played the most road games in the conference. We’ve got 16 at home and 10 on the road left. Our schedule– from an opponent point of view– is never easy because there are no easy teams, but it’s not as difficult as it could be. So the table is set for us to make a move here. We just have to do it.”
Friday’s loss to the Nashville Predators provides a decent microcosm of the good and bad for New Jersey. Jaromir Jagr had another strong night and Cory Schneider looked solid in net, yet the Devils allowed David Legwand‘s game-tying goal with just 11 seconds left in the game before Shea Weber won it in overtime.
However DeBoer wants to spin it, the Devils need to squeeze every point that they can out of remaining games after seeing quite a few slip through their fingers.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)