Feb 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils find themselves ranked 13th in the East on Sunday after losing three of their last four games, yet head coach Peter DeBoer provided the Newark Star-Ledger with a rosy big picture outlook.
“We’re in a good spot. I believe we’re in a good spot and that’s not just lip service,” DeBoer said. “We’ve played the most road games in the conference. We’ve got 16 at home and 10 on the road left. Our schedule– from an opponent point of view– is never easy because there are no easy teams, but it’s not as difficult as it could be. So the table is set for us to make a move here. We just have to do it.”
Friday’s loss to the Nashville Predators provides a decent microcosm of the good and bad for New Jersey. Jaromir Jagr had another strong night and Cory Schneider looked solid in net, yet the Devils allowed David Legwand‘s game-tying goal with just 11 seconds left in the game before Shea Weber won it in overtime.
However DeBoer wants to spin it, the Devils need to squeeze every point that they can out of remaining games after seeing quite a few slip through their fingers.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)