Feb 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils find themselves ranked 13th in the East on Sunday after losing three of their last four games, yet head coach Peter DeBoer provided the Newark Star-Ledger with a rosy big picture outlook.
“We’re in a good spot. I believe we’re in a good spot and that’s not just lip service,” DeBoer said. “We’ve played the most road games in the conference. We’ve got 16 at home and 10 on the road left. Our schedule– from an opponent point of view– is never easy because there are no easy teams, but it’s not as difficult as it could be. So the table is set for us to make a move here. We just have to do it.”
Friday’s loss to the Nashville Predators provides a decent microcosm of the good and bad for New Jersey. Jaromir Jagr had another strong night and Cory Schneider looked solid in net, yet the Devils allowed David Legwand‘s game-tying goal with just 11 seconds left in the game before Shea Weber won it in overtime.
However DeBoer wants to spin it, the Devils need to squeeze every point that they can out of remaining games after seeing quite a few slip through their fingers.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)