Feb 2, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils find themselves ranked 13th in the East on Sunday after losing three of their last four games, yet head coach Peter DeBoer provided the Newark Star-Ledger with a rosy big picture outlook.
“We’re in a good spot. I believe we’re in a good spot and that’s not just lip service,” DeBoer said. “We’ve played the most road games in the conference. We’ve got 16 at home and 10 on the road left. Our schedule– from an opponent point of view– is never easy because there are no easy teams, but it’s not as difficult as it could be. So the table is set for us to make a move here. We just have to do it.”
Friday’s loss to the Nashville Predators provides a decent microcosm of the good and bad for New Jersey. Jaromir Jagr had another strong night and Cory Schneider looked solid in net, yet the Devils allowed David Legwand‘s game-tying goal with just 11 seconds left in the game before Shea Weber won it in overtime.
However DeBoer wants to spin it, the Devils need to squeeze every point that they can out of remaining games after seeing quite a few slip through their fingers.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)