Feb 1, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
Nick Bonino‘s breakout season has been put on hold.
The 25-year-old forward has been placed on the injured reserve list by the Anaheim Ducks and will miss at least three consecutive contests, reports the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens. He left Thursday’s game due to an upper-body injury.
After that match, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau was optimistic about Bonino’s chances of playing before the Olympic break and it’s still possible that he’ll return on Feb. 8. However, the silver lining is that break will provide Bonino with a few extra weeks to recover if he needs it.
One of the Ducks’ strengths this season has been their secondary scoring and Bonino has been a big part of that. He doesn’t play alongside Anaheim’s superstar duo of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry in even-strength situations, but Bonino has still broken out this season with 16 goals and 40 points in 56 games.
The Ducks will play the Dallas Stars tonight as they look to add to their nine-point edge in the Pacific Division race.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)