Jan 27, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Goaltender Jimmy Howard has been activated off of the injured reserve list after missing three consecutive games with a knee injury, according to MLive.com. He was previously sidelined for eight contests in December because of a problem with the same knee.
Petr Mrazek has returned to the AHL, which means Howard is projected to serve as at least Detroit’s backup against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
Howard has a 2.64 GAA and .916 save percentage in 29 starts this season. He’s scheduled to represent Team USA in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)