Jan 27, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Goaltender Jimmy Howard has been activated off of the injured reserve list after missing three consecutive games with a knee injury, according to MLive.com. He was previously sidelined for eight contests in December because of a problem with the same knee.
Petr Mrazek has returned to the AHL, which means Howard is projected to serve as at least Detroit’s backup against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
Howard has a 2.64 GAA and .916 save percentage in 29 starts this season. He’s scheduled to represent Team USA in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)