Jan 27, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
Goaltender Jimmy Howard has been activated off of the injured reserve list after missing three consecutive games with a knee injury, according to MLive.com. He was previously sidelined for eight contests in December because of a problem with the same knee.
Petr Mrazek has returned to the AHL, which means Howard is projected to serve as at least Detroit’s backup against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
Howard has a 2.64 GAA and .916 save percentage in 29 starts this season. He’s scheduled to represent Team USA in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 11
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)