Jan 25, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Steven Stamkos‘ recovery from a broken leg continues to improve.
Stamkos hit the ice in Tampa this morning not wearing a red jersey, but a yellow one. That means he’s cleared to take light contact in practice and putting him on pace to return soon.
Since seeing is believing so here he is on the ice.
Stamkos broke his leg against the Boston Bruins on November 11. Two and a half months later, he’s that much closer to helping the Lightning in their race to win the Atlantic Division.
As for when Stamkos might play, that’s still up in the air. If Stamkos wants to show he can go in the Olympics, however, the week leading up to the Olympic break could be the one to watch as the Lightning will have four games from February 1-8.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)