Jan 19, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
There was no penalty on the play, much to Cooke’s dismay. You can see the incident below:
Given that Cooke is the victim, some people will allow that to color their judgement.
Cooke does have a lengthy suspension history and while he hasn’t gotten in trouble nearly as often in recent years, he’s still been the center of some controversies. It was less than a year ago that Cooke was being attacked by accusations that he deliberately cut Ottawa defenseman Erik Karlsson‘s Achilles tendon with his skate.
A hit to the head is still a hit to the head though, regardless of who is on the receiving end of it and even though Benn hasn’t been punished for his actions yet, he still might be.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)