Jan 19, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
There was no penalty on the play, much to Cooke’s dismay. You can see the incident below:
Given that Cooke is the victim, some people will allow that to color their judgement.
Cooke does have a lengthy suspension history and while he hasn’t gotten in trouble nearly as often in recent years, he’s still been the center of some controversies. It was less than a year ago that Cooke was being attacked by accusations that he deliberately cut Ottawa defenseman Erik Karlsson‘s Achilles tendon with his skate.
A hit to the head is still a hit to the head though, regardless of who is on the receiving end of it and even though Benn hasn’t been punished for his actions yet, he still might be.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22