Jan 19, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
There was no penalty on the play, much to Cooke’s dismay. You can see the incident below:
Given that Cooke is the victim, some people will allow that to color their judgement.
Cooke does have a lengthy suspension history and while he hasn’t gotten in trouble nearly as often in recent years, he’s still been the center of some controversies. It was less than a year ago that Cooke was being attacked by accusations that he deliberately cut Ottawa defenseman Erik Karlsson‘s Achilles tendon with his skate.
A hit to the head is still a hit to the head though, regardless of who is on the receiving end of it and even though Benn hasn’t been punished for his actions yet, he still might be.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 0
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 33
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 23
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 48
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)