Mar 27, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
A freakish stream of injuries probably made some Ottawa Senators fans a little loopy. Apparently that zaniness extends to the team’s owner Eugene Melnyk.
You’d think Melnyk might have cooled off on claiming that Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke intentionally hurt stud defenseman Erik Karlsson, but you’d be wrong. Sportsnet’s John Shannon passes along word that Melnyk told PrimeTime Sports that he’s conducting a forensic study to prove that Cooke did it on purpose.
Here’s the Tweet, because it really just takes you aback in print:
Eugene Melnyk just told PrimeTime Sports that MCooke intentionally hurt EKarlsson and he is in the midst of a forensic study to prove it.
— John Shannon (@JSportsnet) March 27, 2013
Yup, that’s pretty whacky. Speaking of Karlsson, he at least left the door open to an unlikely return sometime this season/in the playoffs, for what it’s worth.
I can’t help but imagine David Caruso from “CSI: Miami” fame getting on this case (at least one person made a “CSI: Ottawa” joke), so it only seems right that there’s a photo of Caruso with the Stanley Cup via Getty:
Looks like he left behind some evidence …
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)