Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM EDT
According to Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune, the league’s Player Safety Board will not be looking further into the play ruling that Benn’s hit on Cooke was a “protective maneuver.”
If you missed it last night, check out video of the hit here.
The hit certainly doesn’t look good and the fact it came against Cooke won’t earn him much sympathy in the public eye. It’s an ugly play, but the league has discussed these types of plays before and, according to that, Benn’s hit qualifies.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53