Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
According to Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune, the league’s Player Safety Board will not be looking further into the play ruling that Benn’s hit on Cooke was a “protective maneuver.”
If you missed it last night, check out video of the hit here.
The hit certainly doesn’t look good and the fact it came against Cooke won’t earn him much sympathy in the public eye. It’s an ugly play, but the league has discussed these types of plays before and, according to that, Benn’s hit qualifies.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11