Jan 19, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
According to Michael Russo of The Star-Tribune, the league’s Player Safety Board will not be looking further into the play ruling that Benn’s hit on Cooke was a “protective maneuver.”
If you missed it last night, check out video of the hit here.
The hit certainly doesn’t look good and the fact it came against Cooke won’t earn him much sympathy in the public eye. It’s an ugly play, but the league has discussed these types of plays before and, according to that, Benn’s hit qualifies.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54