Jan 18, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Stastny, 28, has missed the last two games due to a leg injury. He was originally thought to be healthy enough to keep playing without being taken out of the lineup at all, however head coach Patrick Roy had a change of plans in the lead-up to Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
He suffered the injury seven days ago against the Minnesota Wild.
In 43 games this season, Stastny has 13 goals and 34 points. He was also red-hot prior to being removed from the lineup, with nine points in his last five games.
PA Parenteau, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 29 with a knee injury, took part in Friday’s practice and is hoping to return against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, as per the Avalanche’s Twitter account.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)