Jan 18, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
Stastny, 28, has missed the last two games due to a leg injury. He was originally thought to be healthy enough to keep playing without being taken out of the lineup at all, however head coach Patrick Roy had a change of plans in the lead-up to Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
He suffered the injury seven days ago against the Minnesota Wild.
In 43 games this season, Stastny has 13 goals and 34 points. He was also red-hot prior to being removed from the lineup, with nine points in his last five games.
PA Parenteau, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 29 with a knee injury, took part in Friday’s practice and is hoping to return against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, as per the Avalanche’s Twitter account.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)