Jan 18, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Stastny, 28, has missed the last two games due to a leg injury. He was originally thought to be healthy enough to keep playing without being taken out of the lineup at all, however head coach Patrick Roy had a change of plans in the lead-up to Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
He suffered the injury seven days ago against the Minnesota Wild.
In 43 games this season, Stastny has 13 goals and 34 points. He was also red-hot prior to being removed from the lineup, with nine points in his last five games.
PA Parenteau, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 29 with a knee injury, took part in Friday’s practice and is hoping to return against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, as per the Avalanche’s Twitter account.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)