Jan 18, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
Stastny, 28, has missed the last two games due to a leg injury. He was originally thought to be healthy enough to keep playing without being taken out of the lineup at all, however head coach Patrick Roy had a change of plans in the lead-up to Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
He suffered the injury seven days ago against the Minnesota Wild.
In 43 games this season, Stastny has 13 goals and 34 points. He was also red-hot prior to being removed from the lineup, with nine points in his last five games.
PA Parenteau, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 29 with a knee injury, took part in Friday’s practice and is hoping to return against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, as per the Avalanche’s Twitter account.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 42
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11