Jan 18, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Stastny, 28, has missed the last two games due to a leg injury. He was originally thought to be healthy enough to keep playing without being taken out of the lineup at all, however head coach Patrick Roy had a change of plans in the lead-up to Tuesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
He suffered the injury seven days ago against the Minnesota Wild.
In 43 games this season, Stastny has 13 goals and 34 points. He was also red-hot prior to being removed from the lineup, with nine points in his last five games.
PA Parenteau, who has been out of the lineup since Dec. 29 with a knee injury, took part in Friday’s practice and is hoping to return against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday, as per the Avalanche’s Twitter account.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)