Jan 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
It seems like Jaromir Jagr is moving up in the all-time scoring ranks every week or so.
That might be an exaggeration, but he achieved another impressive milestone by scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, as the 41-year-old winger notched the 695th tally of his career. With that, he now ranks seventh all-time in goal-scoring ahead of Mark Messier.
It took the New Jersey Devils forward a while to break his tie with Messier, as Jagr broke a 10-game goal-scoring drought tonight.
That’s not to say that Jagr hasn’t been producing, however, as he took sole possession at 7th all-time in overall points on Jan. 11.
So, at worst, No. 68 will be seventh all-time in those two major categories thanks to what he’s accomplished this past week. Naturally, the question is: how much higher can he climb? Here are the goal-scorers in front of him:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 894 goals
2. Gordie Howe – 801
3. Brett Hull – 741
4. Marcel Dionne – 731
5. Phil Esposito – 717
6. Mike Gartner – 708
7. Jagr – 695
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)