Jan 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
It seems like Jaromir Jagr is moving up in the all-time scoring ranks every week or so.
That might be an exaggeration, but he achieved another impressive milestone by scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, as the 41-year-old winger notched the 695th tally of his career. With that, he now ranks seventh all-time in goal-scoring ahead of Mark Messier.
It took the New Jersey Devils forward a while to break his tie with Messier, as Jagr broke a 10-game goal-scoring drought tonight.
That’s not to say that Jagr hasn’t been producing, however, as he took sole possession at 7th all-time in overall points on Jan. 11.
So, at worst, No. 68 will be seventh all-time in those two major categories thanks to what he’s accomplished this past week. Naturally, the question is: how much higher can he climb? Here are the goal-scorers in front of him:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 894 goals
2. Gordie Howe – 801
3. Brett Hull – 741
4. Marcel Dionne – 731
5. Phil Esposito – 717
6. Mike Gartner – 708
7. Jagr – 695
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)