Jan 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
It seems like Jaromir Jagr is moving up in the all-time scoring ranks every week or so.
That might be an exaggeration, but he achieved another impressive milestone by scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, as the 41-year-old winger notched the 695th tally of his career. With that, he now ranks seventh all-time in goal-scoring ahead of Mark Messier.
It took the New Jersey Devils forward a while to break his tie with Messier, as Jagr broke a 10-game goal-scoring drought tonight.
That’s not to say that Jagr hasn’t been producing, however, as he took sole possession at 7th all-time in overall points on Jan. 11.
So, at worst, No. 68 will be seventh all-time in those two major categories thanks to what he’s accomplished this past week. Naturally, the question is: how much higher can he climb? Here are the goal-scorers in front of him:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 894 goals
2. Gordie Howe – 801
3. Brett Hull – 741
4. Marcel Dionne – 731
5. Phil Esposito – 717
6. Mike Gartner – 708
7. Jagr – 695
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 8
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)