Jan 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
It seems like Jaromir Jagr is moving up in the all-time scoring ranks every week or so.
That might be an exaggeration, but he achieved another impressive milestone by scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, as the 41-year-old winger notched the 695th tally of his career. With that, he now ranks seventh all-time in goal-scoring ahead of Mark Messier.
It took the New Jersey Devils forward a while to break his tie with Messier, as Jagr broke a 10-game goal-scoring drought tonight.
That’s not to say that Jagr hasn’t been producing, however, as he took sole possession at 7th all-time in overall points on Jan. 11.
So, at worst, No. 68 will be seventh all-time in those two major categories thanks to what he’s accomplished this past week. Naturally, the question is: how much higher can he climb? Here are the goal-scorers in front of him:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 894 goals
2. Gordie Howe – 801
3. Brett Hull – 741
4. Marcel Dionne – 731
5. Phil Esposito – 717
6. Mike Gartner – 708
7. Jagr – 695
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)