Jan 14, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
It seems like Jaromir Jagr is moving up in the all-time scoring ranks every week or so.
That might be an exaggeration, but he achieved another impressive milestone by scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, as the 41-year-old winger notched the 695th tally of his career. With that, he now ranks seventh all-time in goal-scoring ahead of Mark Messier.
It took the New Jersey Devils forward a while to break his tie with Messier, as Jagr broke a 10-game goal-scoring drought tonight.
That’s not to say that Jagr hasn’t been producing, however, as he took sole possession at 7th all-time in overall points on Jan. 11.
So, at worst, No. 68 will be seventh all-time in those two major categories thanks to what he’s accomplished this past week. Naturally, the question is: how much higher can he climb? Here are the goal-scorers in front of him:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 894 goals
2. Gordie Howe – 801
3. Brett Hull – 741
4. Marcel Dionne – 731
5. Phil Esposito – 717
6. Mike Gartner – 708
7. Jagr – 695
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)