Jan 11, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Jagr assisted on Marek Zidlicky‘s game-winning goal with just a few seconds left in the overtime period. With that, he broke a tie with Mario Lemieux for seventh all-time in point scoring with his 1,724th.
The 41-year-old has 36 points in 46 games this season. He reached that 1,724th point in the 1,437th game of his NHL career.
Here are the six players ahead of Jagr, all-time:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 2,857 points
2. Mark Messier – 1,887
3. Gordie Howe – 1,850
4. Ron Francis – 1,798
5. Marcel Dionne – 1,771
6. Steve Yzerman – 1,755
For all the critiques Jagr has sent his team’s way, the veteran winger is backing up his words on the ice, even after all this time. The Devils improved to 19-18-9 on the season with the win while Florida fell to 17-21-7.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5