Jan 11, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Jagr assisted on Marek Zidlicky‘s game-winning goal with just a few seconds left in the overtime period. With that, he broke a tie with Mario Lemieux for seventh all-time in point scoring with his 1,724th.
The 41-year-old has 36 points in 46 games this season. He reached that 1,724th point in the 1,437th game of his NHL career.
Here are the six players ahead of Jagr, all-time:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 2,857 points
2. Mark Messier – 1,887
3. Gordie Howe – 1,850
4. Ron Francis – 1,798
5. Marcel Dionne – 1,771
6. Steve Yzerman – 1,755
For all the critiques Jagr has sent his team’s way, the veteran winger is backing up his words on the ice, even after all this time. The Devils improved to 19-18-9 on the season with the win while Florida fell to 17-21-7.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13