Jan 13, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning had lost only once this season when carrying the lead into the third period – until tonight.
The Lightning were up 2-1 on the Columbus Blue Jackets at the end 40 minutes, but wound up on the wrong end of a 3-2 decision on Monday night.
Lightning falls 3-2, only second loss this season when leading into third period (17-2-0). … Shots were 28-28.—
Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes) January 14, 2014
Mark Letestu was credited with the winning goal on a deflection with 2:38 remaining in regulation time. U.S. Olympic hockey team snub Jack Johnson earned a helper on the goal, which he was originally credited with.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1