Jan 10, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks have called up goalie John Gibson from AHL Norfolk while sending down goalie Frederik Andersen.
Andersen was a revelation earlier this season, but the 24-year-old’s last three NHL starts have seen him surrender nine goals on just 70 shots, a save percentage of .871. Apparently the Ducks want to get him more action in the minors, which he’ll receive tonight against Portland.
Gibson, meanwhile, has gone 11-9-3 (.915 SV%) with the Admirals. The highly touted 20-year-old was the 39th pick in the 2011 draft.
The Ducks play Saturday in Phoenix and Sunday at home versus Detroit. No word yet if Gibson will make his NHL debut in one of those games.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)