Jan 10, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks have called up goalie John Gibson from AHL Norfolk while sending down goalie Frederik Andersen.
Andersen was a revelation earlier this season, but the 24-year-old’s last three NHL starts have seen him surrender nine goals on just 70 shots, a save percentage of .871. Apparently the Ducks want to get him more action in the minors, which he’ll receive tonight against Portland.
Gibson, meanwhile, has gone 11-9-3 (.915 SV%) with the Admirals. The highly touted 20-year-old was the 39th pick in the 2011 draft.
The Ducks play Saturday in Phoenix and Sunday at home versus Detroit. No word yet if Gibson will make his NHL debut in one of those games.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 88
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (88)