Nov 11, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
The league announced the winners today.
Lehner posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.33 goals-against average and .958 save percentage, stopping 91 of 95 shots to help the Senators win all three of their games and extend their season-long point streak to five contests (3-0-2).
Andersen also posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.33 goals-against average and .958 save percentage, denying 92 of 96 shots as the Ducks improved to 15 3 1, tied for the best start through 19 games in franchise history (set in 2012-13).
Sharp led the NHL with six assists and seven points in three games to help the Blackhawks extend their point streak to seven games (6-0-1), the club’s second such streak this season (Oct. 11-24: 5 0 2).
Worth mentioning that both Lehner and Andersen are technically backups. Check that: Andersen’s actually No. 3 on the depth chart in Anaheim. Talk about goalie riches; the Ducks also have Jonas Hiller, Viktor Fasth, and — currently in the minors — highly touted John Gibson. Which begs the question: does Garth Snow have Bob Murray’s contact info?
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 4
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 5
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)