Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
It’s been mostly bad goaltending news (unless you’re a journeyman former roller hockey legend) on Sunday, but the Columbus Blue Jackets have a bright side to look on, as Sergei Bobrovsky‘s expected to return on Monday.
He’ll face the New York Rangers tomorrow after being sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
The Blue Jackets didn’t really see their fate change with “Bob” out, as they went 7-6-1 since the 25-year-old. Curtis McElhinney faced ups and downs in getting the majority of the starts with the Russian netminder on the shelf.
The team’s getting a little healthier here and there, though, with Nathan Horton finally in the mix and Bob readying to return.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 47
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 42
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 14
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)