Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
It’s been mostly bad goaltending news (unless you’re a journeyman former roller hockey legend) on Sunday, but the Columbus Blue Jackets have a bright side to look on, as Sergei Bobrovsky‘s expected to return on Monday.
He’ll face the New York Rangers tomorrow after being sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
The Blue Jackets didn’t really see their fate change with “Bob” out, as they went 7-6-1 since the 25-year-old. Curtis McElhinney faced ups and downs in getting the majority of the starts with the Russian netminder on the shelf.
The team’s getting a little healthier here and there, though, with Nathan Horton finally in the mix and Bob readying to return.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)