Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
It’s been mostly bad goaltending news (unless you’re a journeyman former roller hockey legend) on Sunday, but the Columbus Blue Jackets have a bright side to look on, as Sergei Bobrovsky‘s expected to return on Monday.
He’ll face the New York Rangers tomorrow after being sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
The Blue Jackets didn’t really see their fate change with “Bob” out, as they went 7-6-1 since the 25-year-old. Curtis McElhinney faced ups and downs in getting the majority of the starts with the Russian netminder on the shelf.
The team’s getting a little healthier here and there, though, with Nathan Horton finally in the mix and Bob readying to return.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 1
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 8
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)