Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
It’s been mostly bad goaltending news (unless you’re a journeyman former roller hockey legend) on Sunday, but the Columbus Blue Jackets have a bright side to look on, as Sergei Bobrovsky‘s expected to return on Monday.
He’ll face the New York Rangers tomorrow after being sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
The Blue Jackets didn’t really see their fate change with “Bob” out, as they went 7-6-1 since the 25-year-old. Curtis McElhinney faced ups and downs in getting the majority of the starts with the Russian netminder on the shelf.
The team’s getting a little healthier here and there, though, with Nathan Horton finally in the mix and Bob readying to return.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)