Jan 5, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
It’s been mostly bad goaltending news (unless you’re a journeyman former roller hockey legend) on Sunday, but the Columbus Blue Jackets have a bright side to look on, as Sergei Bobrovsky‘s expected to return on Monday.
He’ll face the New York Rangers tomorrow after being sidelined since Dec. 3 with a groin injury, the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports.
The Blue Jackets didn’t really see their fate change with “Bob” out, as they went 7-6-1 since the 25-year-old. Curtis McElhinney faced ups and downs in getting the majority of the starts with the Russian netminder on the shelf.
The team’s getting a little healthier here and there, though, with Nathan Horton finally in the mix and Bob readying to return.
(H/T to The Score.)
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)