Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Roberto Luongo will be re-evaluated on Monday to get a better idea about the severity of his injury, but the worrisome update is that he hinted this might be more than a day-to-day thing.
“It’s not a surprise when players run a goalie — the goalie is going to get hurt. And it happened how many times last night?” Gillis said.
(In case you’re wondering, the next Canucks – Kings love-fest will happen on Monday, Jan. 13.)
While it’s true that Team Canada may very well add Luongo even if he’s injured – they’re willing to hold a spot for now for Steven Stamkos, after all – it’s still not the greatest timing for such an issue. Perhaps we’ll find out a little more about the 34-year-old’s condition in a day or three.
If Canucks fans need a little levity, how about this fun little video on Rob Laurie’s unexpected appearance in a Canucks jersey.
That’s some clutch sewing.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 6
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1