Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Roberto Luongo will be re-evaluated on Monday to get a better idea about the severity of his injury, but the worrisome update is that he hinted this might be more than a day-to-day thing.
“It’s not a surprise when players run a goalie — the goalie is going to get hurt. And it happened how many times last night?” Gillis said.
(In case you’re wondering, the next Canucks – Kings love-fest will happen on Monday, Jan. 13.)
While it’s true that Team Canada may very well add Luongo even if he’s injured – they’re willing to hold a spot for now for Steven Stamkos, after all – it’s still not the greatest timing for such an issue. Perhaps we’ll find out a little more about the 34-year-old’s condition in a day or three.
If Canucks fans need a little levity, how about this fun little video on Rob Laurie’s unexpected appearance in a Canucks jersey.
That’s some clutch sewing.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5