Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Roberto Luongo will be re-evaluated on Monday to get a better idea about the severity of his injury, but the worrisome update is that he hinted this might be more than a day-to-day thing.
“It’s not a surprise when players run a goalie — the goalie is going to get hurt. And it happened how many times last night?” Gillis said.
(In case you’re wondering, the next Canucks – Kings love-fest will happen on Monday, Jan. 13.)
While it’s true that Team Canada may very well add Luongo even if he’s injured – they’re willing to hold a spot for now for Steven Stamkos, after all – it’s still not the greatest timing for such an issue. Perhaps we’ll find out a little more about the 34-year-old’s condition in a day or three.
If Canucks fans need a little levity, how about this fun little video on Rob Laurie’s unexpected appearance in a Canucks jersey.
That’s some clutch sewing.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 45
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)