Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Roberto Luongo will be re-evaluated on Monday to get a better idea about the severity of his injury, but the worrisome update is that he hinted this might be more than a day-to-day thing.
“It’s not a surprise when players run a goalie — the goalie is going to get hurt. And it happened how many times last night?” Gillis said.
(In case you’re wondering, the next Canucks – Kings love-fest will happen on Monday, Jan. 13.)
While it’s true that Team Canada may very well add Luongo even if he’s injured – they’re willing to hold a spot for now for Steven Stamkos, after all – it’s still not the greatest timing for such an issue. Perhaps we’ll find out a little more about the 34-year-old’s condition in a day or three.
If Canucks fans need a little levity, how about this fun little video on Rob Laurie’s unexpected appearance in a Canucks jersey.
That’s some clutch sewing.
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 0
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 59
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)