Jan 5, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis said that Roberto Luongo will be re-evaluated on Monday to get a better idea about the severity of his injury, but the worrisome update is that he hinted this might be more than a day-to-day thing.
“It’s not a surprise when players run a goalie — the goalie is going to get hurt. And it happened how many times last night?” Gillis said.
(In case you’re wondering, the next Canucks – Kings love-fest will happen on Monday, Jan. 13.)
While it’s true that Team Canada may very well add Luongo even if he’s injured – they’re willing to hold a spot for now for Steven Stamkos, after all – it’s still not the greatest timing for such an issue. Perhaps we’ll find out a little more about the 34-year-old’s condition in a day or three.
If Canucks fans need a little levity, how about this fun little video on Rob Laurie’s unexpected appearance in a Canucks jersey.
That’s some clutch sewing.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 40
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 40
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)