Dec 31, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You might be able to forgive Detroit Red Wings forward Daniel Cleary if he’s not in the Winter Classic spirit just yet.
According to The Detroit News, Cleary was scheduled to see a dentist on Tuesday – the day before the big game – after losing some teeth on Saturday.
“My lower seven (teeth) and three in front, all gone,” Cleary told The Detroit News. “It stinks. It was like candy in your mouth and your spitting (it out). Kind of gross to talk about. What are you going to do?”
“My concern is the wind on my nerve … That bothers me the most.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63