Dec 31, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You might be able to forgive Detroit Red Wings forward Daniel Cleary if he’s not in the Winter Classic spirit just yet.
According to The Detroit News, Cleary was scheduled to see a dentist on Tuesday – the day before the big game – after losing some teeth on Saturday.
“My lower seven (teeth) and three in front, all gone,” Cleary told The Detroit News. “It stinks. It was like candy in your mouth and your spitting (it out). Kind of gross to talk about. What are you going to do?”
“My concern is the wind on my nerve … That bothers me the most.”
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 11
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 6
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29