Dec 31, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
You might be able to forgive Detroit Red Wings forward Daniel Cleary if he’s not in the Winter Classic spirit just yet.
According to The Detroit News, Cleary was scheduled to see a dentist on Tuesday – the day before the big game – after losing some teeth on Saturday.
“My lower seven (teeth) and three in front, all gone,” Cleary told The Detroit News. “It stinks. It was like candy in your mouth and your spitting (it out). Kind of gross to talk about. What are you going to do?”
“My concern is the wind on my nerve … That bothers me the most.”
- Video: Shattenkirk injured, won’t return after collision with Ovechkin 0
- Ovechkin becomes fifth player to start career with 10 straight 30+ goal seasons 0
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 2
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 23
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 17
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 14
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28