Dec 31, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
You might be able to forgive Detroit Red Wings forward Daniel Cleary if he’s not in the Winter Classic spirit just yet.
According to The Detroit News, Cleary was scheduled to see a dentist on Tuesday – the day before the big game – after losing some teeth on Saturday.
“My lower seven (teeth) and three in front, all gone,” Cleary told The Detroit News. “It stinks. It was like candy in your mouth and your spitting (it out). Kind of gross to talk about. What are you going to do?”
“My concern is the wind on my nerve … That bothers me the most.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53