Dec 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Washington goes back to Grubauer
The Capitals will start Philipp Grubauer once again on Monday night when they host the Ducks at Verizon.
Grubauer, who stopped 39 of 41 shots in a win over Carolina on Friday, has been excellent since his recall from AHL Hershey, posting a 4-0-1 record with a 2.05 GAA and .940 save percentage. He gets the nod tonight over Braden Holtby, who allowed five goals in an overtime loss to New Jersey on Saturday.
Grubauer will go up against Jonas Hiller in the Anaheim goal tonight.
Chicago rides Raanta
The Blackhawks will give Antti Raanta his seventh straight start since the Corey Crawford injury tonight against the Devils. Raanta, who stopped 22 of 24 shots in a shootout loss to Vancouver on Friday, has played very well since his recall from AHL Rockford, going 7-1-2 with a 2.22 GAA and .920 save percentage in Chicago.
Raanta will take on Cory Schneider tonight.
Coyotes at Sabres: No word on Phoenix’s starter yet; Buffalo will go with Ryan Miller.
Bruins at Predators: Carter Hutton goes for Nashville; Boston has yet to announce its starter.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5