Dec 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
Washington goes back to Grubauer
The Capitals will start Philipp Grubauer once again on Monday night when they host the Ducks at Verizon.
Grubauer, who stopped 39 of 41 shots in a win over Carolina on Friday, has been excellent since his recall from AHL Hershey, posting a 4-0-1 record with a 2.05 GAA and .940 save percentage. He gets the nod tonight over Braden Holtby, who allowed five goals in an overtime loss to New Jersey on Saturday.
Grubauer will go up against Jonas Hiller in the Anaheim goal tonight.
Chicago rides Raanta
The Blackhawks will give Antti Raanta his seventh straight start since the Corey Crawford injury tonight against the Devils. Raanta, who stopped 22 of 24 shots in a shootout loss to Vancouver on Friday, has played very well since his recall from AHL Rockford, going 7-1-2 with a 2.22 GAA and .920 save percentage in Chicago.
Raanta will take on Cory Schneider tonight.
Coyotes at Sabres: No word on Phoenix’s starter yet; Buffalo will go with Ryan Miller.
Bruins at Predators: Carter Hutton goes for Nashville; Boston has yet to announce its starter.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)