Dec 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Washington goes back to Grubauer
The Capitals will start Philipp Grubauer once again on Monday night when they host the Ducks at Verizon.
Grubauer, who stopped 39 of 41 shots in a win over Carolina on Friday, has been excellent since his recall from AHL Hershey, posting a 4-0-1 record with a 2.05 GAA and .940 save percentage. He gets the nod tonight over Braden Holtby, who allowed five goals in an overtime loss to New Jersey on Saturday.
Grubauer will go up against Jonas Hiller in the Anaheim goal tonight.
Chicago rides Raanta
The Blackhawks will give Antti Raanta his seventh straight start since the Corey Crawford injury tonight against the Devils. Raanta, who stopped 22 of 24 shots in a shootout loss to Vancouver on Friday, has played very well since his recall from AHL Rockford, going 7-1-2 with a 2.22 GAA and .920 save percentage in Chicago.
Raanta will take on Cory Schneider tonight.
Coyotes at Sabres: No word on Phoenix’s starter yet; Buffalo will go with Ryan Miller.
Bruins at Predators: Carter Hutton goes for Nashville; Boston has yet to announce its starter.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 4
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)