Dec 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
News and notes from the crease…
Washington goes back to Grubauer
The Capitals will start Philipp Grubauer once again on Monday night when they host the Ducks at Verizon.
Grubauer, who stopped 39 of 41 shots in a win over Carolina on Friday, has been excellent since his recall from AHL Hershey, posting a 4-0-1 record with a 2.05 GAA and .940 save percentage. He gets the nod tonight over Braden Holtby, who allowed five goals in an overtime loss to New Jersey on Saturday.
Grubauer will go up against Jonas Hiller in the Anaheim goal tonight.
Chicago rides Raanta
The Blackhawks will give Antti Raanta his seventh straight start since the Corey Crawford injury tonight against the Devils. Raanta, who stopped 22 of 24 shots in a shootout loss to Vancouver on Friday, has played very well since his recall from AHL Rockford, going 7-1-2 with a 2.22 GAA and .920 save percentage in Chicago.
Raanta will take on Cory Schneider tonight.
Coyotes at Sabres: No word on Phoenix’s starter yet; Buffalo will go with Ryan Miller.
Bruins at Predators: Carter Hutton goes for Nashville; Boston has yet to announce its starter.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11