Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Fresh off a painful loss in Philadelphia, the Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Marian Gaborik and defenseman James Wisniewski off injured reserve. Both players are expected to suit up Saturday when the Jackets host the same Flyers team that erased a three-goal, third-period deficit to beat them last night.
Gaborik has missed the past 17 games with a knee injury. Wisniewski has missed the past six with an upper-body ailment.
But what should’ve been excitement today over the pending return of two key players was something entirely differently after the collapse against the Flyers.
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” Jackets coach Todd Richards said Friday, per the Columbus Dispatch. “Just really disappointed. Disgusted. Embarrassed. Those were the words that I used when I went back to watch the game.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38