Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Fresh off a painful loss in Philadelphia, the Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Marian Gaborik and defenseman James Wisniewski off injured reserve. Both players are expected to suit up Saturday when the Jackets host the same Flyers team that erased a three-goal, third-period deficit to beat them last night.
Gaborik has missed the past 17 games with a knee injury. Wisniewski has missed the past six with an upper-body ailment.
But what should’ve been excitement today over the pending return of two key players was something entirely differently after the collapse against the Flyers.
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” Jackets coach Todd Richards said Friday, per the Columbus Dispatch. “Just really disappointed. Disgusted. Embarrassed. Those were the words that I used when I went back to watch the game.”
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8