Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EDT
Fresh off a painful loss in Philadelphia, the Columbus Blue Jackets have activated forward Marian Gaborik and defenseman James Wisniewski off injured reserve. Both players are expected to suit up Saturday when the Jackets host the same Flyers team that erased a three-goal, third-period deficit to beat them last night.
Gaborik has missed the past 17 games with a knee injury. Wisniewski has missed the past six with an upper-body ailment.
But what should’ve been excitement today over the pending return of two key players was something entirely differently after the collapse against the Flyers.
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” Jackets coach Todd Richards said Friday, per the Columbus Dispatch. “Just really disappointed. Disgusted. Embarrassed. Those were the words that I used when I went back to watch the game.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63