Dec 16, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Perhaps even Cody Ceci couldn’t have scripted it any better.
Ceci scored his first career National Hockey League goal to lift the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night. We should mention that Ceci was playing in just his third NHL game, and is born in Ottawa.
Ceci is the Senators’ first-round pick, 15th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. The win gives Ottawa three in their last five games.
The goal might not have been the prettiest – just a wrist shot from the point that got through traffic in front and beat Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott. But they all count.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54