Dec 16, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Perhaps even Cody Ceci couldn’t have scripted it any better.
Ceci scored his first career National Hockey League goal to lift the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night. We should mention that Ceci was playing in just his third NHL game, and is born in Ottawa.
Ceci is the Senators’ first-round pick, 15th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. The win gives Ottawa three in their last five games.
The goal might not have been the prettiest – just a wrist shot from the point that got through traffic in front and beat Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott. But they all count.
- Report: Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 0
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 7
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 23
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 53
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)