Dec 16, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Perhaps even Cody Ceci couldn’t have scripted it any better.
Ceci scored his first career National Hockey League goal to lift the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night. We should mention that Ceci was playing in just his third NHL game, and is born in Ottawa.
Ceci is the Senators’ first-round pick, 15th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. The win gives Ottawa three in their last five games.
The goal might not have been the prettiest – just a wrist shot from the point that got through traffic in front and beat Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott. But they all count.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40