Dec 16, 2013, 10:47 PM EST
Perhaps even Cody Ceci couldn’t have scripted it any better.
Ceci scored his first career National Hockey League goal to lift the Ottawa Senators to a 3-2 overtime win over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night. We should mention that Ceci was playing in just his third NHL game, and is born in Ottawa.
Ceci is the Senators’ first-round pick, 15th overall, from the 2012 NHL Draft. The win gives Ottawa three in their last five games.
The goal might not have been the prettiest – just a wrist shot from the point that got through traffic in front and beat Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott. But they all count.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 11
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58