Nov 27, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease on a very busy Wednesday…
Greiss starts for Phoenix
Little-used backup Thomas Greiss will go for the Coyotes tonight as they take on the Wild in Minnesota.
Greiss has only played once this month — stopping four shots in relief of Mike Smith on Saturday — but has good numbers on the year, posting a 2-1-0 record with a 2.37 GAA and .928 save percentage.
He’ll be taking on Niklas Backstrom, who’ll play his third straight game for the Wild.
Lindback in for Tampa Bay
Another little-used backup will get the nod on Wednesday as Anders Lindback starts for Tampa Bay.
Lindback has only made seven appearances this year and has struggled, going 1-5-0 with a 3.47 GAA and .872 save percentage. Ben Bishop has taken Tampa’s No. 1 job and run with it, all but nullifying head coach Jon Cooper’s early-season assertion that he had “two starting goalies.”
Tampa Bay will host the Flyers tonight, and Ray Emery will be in the Philadelphia goal.
– Carey Price will take on Ryan Miller in the Montreal-Buffalo game, Craig Anderson will take on Braden Holtby in Sens-Caps, Marek Mazanec will face off with Sergei Bobrovsky in the Preds-Jackets game and Jonathan Bernier will go head-to-head with Marc-Andre Fleury in Toronto-Pittsburgh.
– Jaro Halak vs. Semyon Varlamov tonight in Colorado.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6