Nov 27, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease on a very busy Wednesday…
Greiss starts for Phoenix
Little-used backup Thomas Greiss will go for the Coyotes tonight as they take on the Wild in Minnesota.
Greiss has only played once this month — stopping four shots in relief of Mike Smith on Saturday — but has good numbers on the year, posting a 2-1-0 record with a 2.37 GAA and .928 save percentage.
He’ll be taking on Niklas Backstrom, who’ll play his third straight game for the Wild.
Lindback in for Tampa Bay
Another little-used backup will get the nod on Wednesday as Anders Lindback starts for Tampa Bay.
Lindback has only made seven appearances this year and has struggled, going 1-5-0 with a 3.47 GAA and .872 save percentage. Ben Bishop has taken Tampa’s No. 1 job and run with it, all but nullifying head coach Jon Cooper’s early-season assertion that he had “two starting goalies.”
Tampa Bay will host the Flyers tonight, and Ray Emery will be in the Philadelphia goal.
— Carey Price will take on Ryan Miller in the Montreal-Buffalo game, Craig Anderson will take on Braden Holtby in Sens-Caps, Marek Mazanec will face off with Sergei Bobrovsky in the Preds-Jackets game and Jonathan Bernier will go head-to-head with Marc-Andre Fleury in Toronto-Pittsburgh.
— Jaro Halak vs. Semyon Varlamov tonight in Colorado.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18