Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
One of the heroes of Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship could be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.
Bryan Bickell, who finished second on the team in postseason goals last year, has reportedly suffered a “significant” left knee injury, according to the Chicago Tribune. The 27-year-old slammed into the net during a 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday midway through the first period, left the game, and didn’t return:
Bickell’s been sent back to Chicago for evaluation — the ‘Hawks are on their annual Circus Trip and have six more road dates remaining — and, on Thursday morning, head coach Joel Quenneville said Bickell would be out for at least a couple of weeks.
The burly power forward has had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He does have five goals through 21 games, but has recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
Chicago has already called up forward Jeremy Morin from AHL Rockford as Bickell’s injury replacement.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 3
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 35
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)