Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
One of the heroes of Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship could be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.
Bryan Bickell, who finished second on the team in postseason goals last year, has reportedly suffered a “significant” left knee injury, according to the Chicago Tribune. The 27-year-old slammed into the net during a 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday midway through the first period, left the game, and didn’t return:
Bickell’s been sent back to Chicago for evaluation — the ‘Hawks are on their annual Circus Trip and have six more road dates remaining — and, on Thursday morning, head coach Joel Quenneville said Bickell would be out for at least a couple of weeks.
The burly power forward has had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He does have five goals through 21 games, but has recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
Chicago has already called up forward Jeremy Morin from AHL Rockford as Bickell’s injury replacement.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 37
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (41)