Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
One of the heroes of Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship could be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.
Bryan Bickell, who finished second on the team in postseason goals last year, has reportedly suffered a “significant” left knee injury, according to the Chicago Tribune. The 27-year-old slammed into the net during a 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday midway through the first period, left the game, and didn’t return:
Bickell’s been sent back to Chicago for evaluation — the ‘Hawks are on their annual Circus Trip and have six more road dates remaining — and, on Thursday morning, head coach Joel Quenneville said Bickell would be out for at least a couple of weeks.
The burly power forward has had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He does have five goals through 21 games, but has recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
Chicago has already called up forward Jeremy Morin from AHL Rockford as Bickell’s injury replacement.
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 0
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 16
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)