Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
One of the heroes of Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship could be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.
Bryan Bickell, who finished second on the team in postseason goals last year, has reportedly suffered a “significant” left knee injury, according to the Chicago Tribune. The 27-year-old slammed into the net during a 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday midway through the first period, left the game, and didn’t return:
Bickell’s been sent back to Chicago for evaluation — the ‘Hawks are on their annual Circus Trip and have six more road dates remaining — and, on Thursday morning, head coach Joel Quenneville said Bickell would be out for at least a couple of weeks.
The burly power forward has had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He does have five goals through 21 games, but has recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
Chicago has already called up forward Jeremy Morin from AHL Rockford as Bickell’s injury replacement.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)