Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
One of the heroes of Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship could be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.
Bryan Bickell, who finished second on the team in postseason goals last year, has reportedly suffered a “significant” left knee injury, according to the Chicago Tribune. The 27-year-old slammed into the net during a 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday midway through the first period, left the game, and didn’t return:
Bickell’s been sent back to Chicago for evaluation — the ‘Hawks are on their annual Circus Trip and have six more road dates remaining — and, on Thursday morning, head coach Joel Quenneville said Bickell would be out for at least a couple of weeks.
The burly power forward has had an erratic start to the season after signing a four-year, $16 million extension with the ‘Hawks in July. He does have five goals through 21 games, but has recorded just six points total and one in his last 11 games.
Chicago has already called up forward Jeremy Morin from AHL Rockford as Bickell’s injury replacement.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)