Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Blackhawks announced they’ve recalled Morin from AHL Rockford to fill in for Bickell, who was injured during Chicago’s 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday.
This will mark Morin’s second stint with the ‘Hawks this year. He was first recalled in late October and went on to appear in six games — notching two assists — before being sent back to Rockford on Nov. 14.
A dynamic scorer at the AHL level, Morin has 11 points in 10 games with the IceHogs this season, and three points over his last two games. He’s likely to get a pretty good look with Chicago this time ’round given all the injuries up front — Bickell is currently shelved next to Marian Hossa (who’s missed the last three games) and Michal Handzus, currently on IR.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25