Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Blackhawks announced they’ve recalled Morin from AHL Rockford to fill in for Bickell, who was injured during Chicago’s 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday.
This will mark Morin’s second stint with the ‘Hawks this year. He was first recalled in late October and went on to appear in six games — notching two assists — before being sent back to Rockford on Nov. 14.
A dynamic scorer at the AHL level, Morin has 11 points in 10 games with the IceHogs this season, and three points over his last two games. He’s likely to get a pretty good look with Chicago this time ’round given all the injuries up front — Bickell is currently shelved next to Marian Hossa (who’s missed the last three games) and Michal Handzus, currently on IR.
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 0
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 5
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)