Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Blackhawks announced they’ve recalled Morin from AHL Rockford to fill in for Bickell, who was injured during Chicago’s 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday.
This will mark Morin’s second stint with the ‘Hawks this year. He was first recalled in late October and went on to appear in six games — notching two assists — before being sent back to Rockford on Nov. 14.
A dynamic scorer at the AHL level, Morin has 11 points in 10 games with the IceHogs this season, and three points over his last two games. He’s likely to get a pretty good look with Chicago this time ’round given all the injuries up front — Bickell is currently shelved next to Marian Hossa (who’s missed the last three games) and Michal Handzus, currently on IR.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)