Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
On Wednesday, the Blackhawks announced they’ve recalled Morin from AHL Rockford to fill in for Bickell, who was injured during Chicago’s 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday.
This will mark Morin’s second stint with the ‘Hawks this year. He was first recalled in late October and went on to appear in six games — notching two assists — before being sent back to Rockford on Nov. 14.
A dynamic scorer at the AHL level, Morin has 11 points in 10 games with the IceHogs this season, and three points over his last two games. He’s likely to get a pretty good look with Chicago this time ’round given all the injuries up front — Bickell is currently shelved next to Marian Hossa (who’s missed the last three games) and Michal Handzus, currently on IR.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3