Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Blackhawks announced they’ve recalled Morin from AHL Rockford to fill in for Bickell, who was injured during Chicago’s 5-1 loss to Colorado on Tuesday.
This will mark Morin’s second stint with the ‘Hawks this year. He was first recalled in late October and went on to appear in six games — notching two assists — before being sent back to Rockford on Nov. 14.
A dynamic scorer at the AHL level, Morin has 11 points in 10 games with the IceHogs this season, and three points over his last two games. He’s likely to get a pretty good look with Chicago this time ’round given all the injuries up front — Bickell is currently shelved next to Marian Hossa (who’s missed the last three games) and Michal Handzus, currently on IR.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)