Nov 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Shortly after rumors surfaced of the Sens and Rangers having interest in Sharks forward Martin Havlat, both Havlat’s agent and GM addressed the situation.
“Martin has a full no move clause and no one has every suggested to him anything about a trade,” Havlat’s agent, Allan Walsh, said via Twitter. “He is happy in San Jose and solely focused on playing hockey.”
Sharks GM Doug Wilson didn’t address the trade rumors specifically, but did appear to have a message for Havlat.
“As a player, once you’re back healthy, you have to earn your opportunity and ice time,” Wilson said.
This remark essentially echos what Sharks head coach Todd McLellan. Havlat, who returned from offseason groin injury on Oct. 30, appeared in seven games before McLellan made him a healthy scratch against Edmonton on Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)