Nov 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
Shortly after rumors surfaced of the Sens and Rangers having interest in Sharks forward Martin Havlat, both Havlat’s agent and GM addressed the situation.
“Martin has a full no move clause and no one has every suggested to him anything about a trade,” Havlat’s agent, Allan Walsh, said via Twitter. “He is happy in San Jose and solely focused on playing hockey.”
Sharks GM Doug Wilson didn’t address the trade rumors specifically, but did appear to have a message for Havlat.
“As a player, once you’re back healthy, you have to earn your opportunity and ice time,” Wilson said.
This remark essentially echos what Sharks head coach Todd McLellan. Havlat, who returned from offseason groin injury on Oct. 30, appeared in seven games before McLellan made him a healthy scratch against Edmonton on Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)