Nov 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EST
Shortly after rumors surfaced of the Sens and Rangers having interest in Sharks forward Martin Havlat, both Havlat’s agent and GM addressed the situation.
“Martin has a full no move clause and no one has every suggested to him anything about a trade,” Havlat’s agent, Allan Walsh, said via Twitter. “He is happy in San Jose and solely focused on playing hockey.”
Sharks GM Doug Wilson didn’t address the trade rumors specifically, but did appear to have a message for Havlat.
“As a player, once you’re back healthy, you have to earn your opportunity and ice time,” Wilson said.
This remark essentially echos what Sharks head coach Todd McLellan. Havlat, who returned from offseason groin injury on Oct. 30, appeared in seven games before McLellan made him a healthy scratch against Edmonton on Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)