Nov 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Shortly after rumors surfaced of the Sens and Rangers having interest in Sharks forward Martin Havlat, both Havlat’s agent and GM addressed the situation.
“Martin has a full no move clause and no one has every suggested to him anything about a trade,” Havlat’s agent, Allan Walsh, said via Twitter. “He is happy in San Jose and solely focused on playing hockey.”
Sharks GM Doug Wilson didn’t address the trade rumors specifically, but did appear to have a message for Havlat.
“As a player, once you’re back healthy, you have to earn your opportunity and ice time,” Wilson said.
This remark essentially echos what Sharks head coach Todd McLellan. Havlat, who returned from offseason groin injury on Oct. 30, appeared in seven games before McLellan made him a healthy scratch against Edmonton on Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)