Nov 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Shortly after rumors surfaced of the Sens and Rangers having interest in Sharks forward Martin Havlat, both Havlat’s agent and GM addressed the situation.
“Martin has a full no move clause and no one has every suggested to him anything about a trade,” Havlat’s agent, Allan Walsh, said via Twitter. “He is happy in San Jose and solely focused on playing hockey.”
Sharks GM Doug Wilson didn’t address the trade rumors specifically, but did appear to have a message for Havlat.
“As a player, once you’re back healthy, you have to earn your opportunity and ice time,” Wilson said.
This remark essentially echos what Sharks head coach Todd McLellan. Havlat, who returned from offseason groin injury on Oct. 30, appeared in seven games before McLellan made him a healthy scratch against Edmonton on Friday.
“For Marty, he’s now played seven games. He’s through his so-called exhibition season,” McLellan said. “We’ve talked a lot about being patient with him, and letting him play his way into shape, and his timing, and all that stuff.
“We’ve done that. Now, it’s about results.”
Havlat got back in for Sunday’s 5-1 loss to Chicago, but only played 14:15 and failed to record a single shot on goal.
The 32-year-old Czech has two years remaining on his six-year, $30 million deal.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 57
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (57)