Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Ilya Bryzgalov era in Edmonton is about to begin.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Bryzgalov is set to practice with the Oilers on Monday. His return to Edmonton would come after he played twice over the weekend with the Oilers’ AHL team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
In his two starts with the Barons, Bryzgalov had his ups and downs against Calgary Flames affiliate, Abbotsford. On Friday night, he allowed five goals in 27 shots in a 5-4 loss, but bounced back nicely on Saturday night saving 25 of 26 in a 4-1 win.
Of course, this all comes on the heels of the Oilers snapping out of their own five-game losing streak after beating the Flames 4-2.
Update (3:00 p.m. ET): It’s official, Bryzgalov was called up by the team.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 3
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 11
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)