Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
The Ilya Bryzgalov era in Edmonton is about to begin.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Bryzgalov is set to practice with the Oilers on Monday. His return to Edmonton would come after he played twice over the weekend with the Oilers’ AHL team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
In his two starts with the Barons, Bryzgalov had his ups and downs against Calgary Flames affiliate, Abbotsford. On Friday night, he allowed five goals in 27 shots in a 5-4 loss, but bounced back nicely on Saturday night saving 25 of 26 in a 4-1 win.
Of course, this all comes on the heels of the Oilers snapping out of their own five-game losing streak after beating the Flames 4-2.
Update (3:00 p.m. ET): It’s official, Bryzgalov was called up by the team.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54