Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Ilya Bryzgalov era in Edmonton is about to begin.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Bryzgalov is set to practice with the Oilers on Monday. His return to Edmonton would come after he played twice over the weekend with the Oilers’ AHL team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
In his two starts with the Barons, Bryzgalov had his ups and downs against Calgary Flames affiliate, Abbotsford. On Friday night, he allowed five goals in 27 shots in a 5-4 loss, but bounced back nicely on Saturday night saving 25 of 26 in a 4-1 win.
Of course, this all comes on the heels of the Oilers snapping out of their own five-game losing streak after beating the Flames 4-2.
Update (3:00 p.m. ET): It’s official, Bryzgalov was called up by the team.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)