Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Ilya Bryzgalov era in Edmonton is about to begin.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Bryzgalov is set to practice with the Oilers on Monday. His return to Edmonton would come after he played twice over the weekend with the Oilers’ AHL team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
In his two starts with the Barons, Bryzgalov had his ups and downs against Calgary Flames affiliate, Abbotsford. On Friday night, he allowed five goals in 27 shots in a 5-4 loss, but bounced back nicely on Saturday night saving 25 of 26 in a 4-1 win.
Of course, this all comes on the heels of the Oilers snapping out of their own five-game losing streak after beating the Flames 4-2.
Update (3:00 p.m. ET): It’s official, Bryzgalov was called up by the team.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 100
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)