Nov 17, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Ilya Bryzgalov era in Edmonton is about to begin.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, Bryzgalov is set to practice with the Oilers on Monday. His return to Edmonton would come after he played twice over the weekend with the Oilers’ AHL team, the Oklahoma City Barons.
In his two starts with the Barons, Bryzgalov had his ups and downs against Calgary Flames affiliate, Abbotsford. On Friday night, he allowed five goals in 27 shots in a 5-4 loss, but bounced back nicely on Saturday night saving 25 of 26 in a 4-1 win.
Of course, this all comes on the heels of the Oilers snapping out of their own five-game losing streak after beating the Flames 4-2.
Update (3:00 p.m. ET): It’s official, Bryzgalov was called up by the team.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)