Nov 15, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
If you look at the box score alone, it seems like Ilya Bryzgalov might need a little more time to get his feet under him in the AHL.
The 33-year-old allowed five goals on just 24 shots as the Abbotsford Heat beat his Oklahoma City Barons 5-4 on Friday. The Barons carried a 4-3 lead into the third period but couldn’t grab the victory.
Update: the Edmonton Journal’s Jonathan Willis believes that Bryzgalov was only really to blame for one of those five goals allowed, so there’s a bright side.
Occasional NHLer Ben Street was the Heat member who befuddled Bryzgalov the most, as he had a hat trick tonight.
It’s understandable that Bryzgalov might be a little rusty. He hasn’t played since holding the New York Islanders to one goal on April 25.
Even so, the desperate Oilers probably hope he’ll find his form soon.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)