Nov 15, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
If you look at the box score alone, it seems like Ilya Bryzgalov might need a little more time to get his feet under him in the AHL.
The 33-year-old allowed five goals on just 24 shots as the Abbotsford Heat beat his Oklahoma City Barons 5-4 on Friday. The Barons carried a 4-3 lead into the third period but couldn’t grab the victory.
Update: the Edmonton Journal’s Jonathan Willis believes that Bryzgalov was only really to blame for one of those five goals allowed, so there’s a bright side.
Occasional NHLer Ben Street was the Heat member who befuddled Bryzgalov the most, as he had a hat trick tonight.
It’s understandable that Bryzgalov might be a little rusty. He hasn’t played since holding the New York Islanders to one goal on April 25.
Even so, the desperate Oilers probably hope he’ll find his form soon.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 0
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 11
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 15
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)