Nov 15, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
If you look at the box score alone, it seems like Ilya Bryzgalov might need a little more time to get his feet under him in the AHL.
The 33-year-old allowed five goals on just 24 shots as the Abbotsford Heat beat his Oklahoma City Barons 5-4 on Friday. The Barons carried a 4-3 lead into the third period but couldn’t grab the victory.
Update: the Edmonton Journal’s Jonathan Willis believes that Bryzgalov was only really to blame for one of those five goals allowed, so there’s a bright side.
Occasional NHLer Ben Street was the Heat member who befuddled Bryzgalov the most, as he had a hat trick tonight.
It’s understandable that Bryzgalov might be a little rusty. He hasn’t played since holding the New York Islanders to one goal on April 25.
Even so, the desperate Oilers probably hope he’ll find his form soon.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)