Nov 14, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Backstrom left Wednesday’s contest following a first-period collision with Nazem Kadri. The Toronto forward was given a goalie interference minor on the play, and had phone hearing this morning with the NHL’s department of player safety regarding his actions.
The injury was a tough blow for Backstrom. The 35-year-old ‘tender has lost his No. 1 gig go to Josh Harding and Wednesday night’s start marked the first time he’d played since surrendering five goals on 28 shots in a loss to Chicago on Oct. 28.
According to the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, the Wild will be calling up a goalie — presumably either Darcy Kuemper or Johan Gustafsson — from AHL Iowa.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9