Nov 14, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Backstrom left Wednesday’s contest following a first-period collision with Nazem Kadri. The Toronto forward was given a goalie interference minor on the play, and had phone hearing this morning with the NHL’s department of player safety regarding his actions.
The injury was a tough blow for Backstrom. The 35-year-old ‘tender has lost his No. 1 gig go to Josh Harding and Wednesday night’s start marked the first time he’d played since surrendering five goals on 28 shots in a loss to Chicago on Oct. 28.
According to the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, the Wild will be calling up a goalie — presumably either Darcy Kuemper or Johan Gustafsson — from AHL Iowa.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)