Nov 14, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Backstrom left Wednesday’s contest following a first-period collision with Nazem Kadri. The Toronto forward was given a goalie interference minor on the play, and had phone hearing this morning with the NHL’s department of player safety regarding his actions.
The injury was a tough blow for Backstrom. The 35-year-old ‘tender has lost his No. 1 gig go to Josh Harding and Wednesday night’s start marked the first time he’d played since surrendering five goals on 28 shots in a loss to Chicago on Oct. 28.
According to the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, the Wild will be calling up a goalie — presumably either Darcy Kuemper or Johan Gustafsson — from AHL Iowa.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)