Nov 14, 2013, 8:49 AM EDT
After receiving a two-minute minor on Wednesday for running over Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom, it looks like Toronto’s Nazem Kadri might receive further discipline. The NHL has confirmed that they have scheduled a phone hearing with Kadri.
If you missed the incident, you can view it below:
Although the 35-year-old goaltender didn’t immediately exit the game, it wasn’t long before he was forced to end his night with what the Wild are calling an upper-body injury.
The NHL’s announcement regarding Kadri makes no mention of his other controversial hit of the night. The 23-year-old forward received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head:
Analyst Mike Milbury suggested that “somebody has to take care of Nazem Kadri” by fighting him down the road. However, Wild coach Mike Yeo doesn’t believe his team matches Toronto in terms of toughness.
“If we want to start trading off, we go after Kadri, next thing you know, what are they going to go after?” Yeo asked.
In the end though, it was the Wild that ended up on top. Zach Parise scored the game-tying goal with just 4:17 remaining in regulation time en route to a 2-1 shootout win.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)