Nov 12, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
“[I am] symptom-free from the injury,” he said today, per NHL.com. “Just [need to] push myself more and more and see if any symptoms come back from it. But so far it’s been good.”
Nash has skated for four straight days. However, he’s still got a ways to go before he’s back in the lineup.
“When you look at it, New York has invested a lot in me and I’ve invested a lot in them,” he said. “I think even if we were losing it would be stupid to rush back. It’s a long-term contract and we want to make sure I come back at 110 percent and ready to play.”
The Rangers, of course, aren’t losing anymore; in fact, they’ve won six of their last seven following a 3-7-0 start under new head coach Alain Vigneault.
New York hosts rival New Jersey tonight at MSG.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5