Nov 11, 2013, 9:07 AM EST
Brendan Shanahan may be busy in Toronto being enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame, but his office could have some work to do after the Rangers-Panthers game Sunday night.
Rangers forward Chris Kreider was given a minor penalty for cross-checking Florida’s Scottie Upshall in the final two minutes of the Rangers’ 4-3 win over the Panthers. The problem here is Upshall had no idea a hit was coming.
For the record, Upshall was not hurt on the play although on the video he didn’t look like he was feeling so hot.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post believes the league might come calling because of the hit, but Kreider at least said he was sorry to his teammates for putting them on the penalty kill in the closing minutes of the game.
The Rangers host the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday night. Whether they’ll have Kreider with them we should find out before the day is over.
Update (9:10 a.m. ET): PHT has learned Kreider will not face further action from the league for the hit.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)