Nov 10, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Attribute it to the comforts of home or any number of factors, but the New York Rangers are turning things around. The Florida Panthers are … not.
The Rangers won their third game in a row and have carried over generally good work since they beat the Detroit Red Wings to end their dreadful nine-game road trip with a 3-2 OT win on Oct. 26. Since then, they’ve won seven of their last nine games.
The way things are going, Panthers head coach Peter Horachek might need to wait a while for his first win with Florida. The team is now on a nine-game losing streak (0-5-4) with the only solace being one of two choices: a) four charity points or b) better chances at grabbing (another) top prospect.
Going forward, the Rangers face a schedule that remains remarkably imbalanced. Just looking ahead to later this month, they face a five-game road trip. They can’t complain too much, though, as they’ll enjoy an eight-game homestand from Dec. 7-23.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (74)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)