Nov 10, 2013, 2:04 PM EST
Thomas Vanek‘s departure from the New York Islanders game Saturday night with an upper-body injury will have repercussions on their lineup tonight.
In his six games with the Islanders since being acquired from the Buffalo Sabres, Vanek has one goal and two assists. The team is 2-4-0 since trading Matt Moulson for Vanek back on October 27. Meanwhile, Moulson has two goals and four assists in six games with the Sabres since the deal, although his last game against the Ducks didn’t exactly go very well.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32