Nov 10, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s departure from the New York Islanders game Saturday night with an upper-body injury will have repercussions on their lineup tonight.
In his six games with the Islanders since being acquired from the Buffalo Sabres, Vanek has one goal and two assists. The team is 2-4-0 since trading Matt Moulson for Vanek back on October 27. Meanwhile, Moulson has two goals and four assists in six games with the Sabres since the deal, although his last game against the Ducks didn’t exactly go very well.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36