Nov 9, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s night didn’t last long.
The New York Islanders forward left Saturday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after only one shift, and 23 seconds of ice time. He did not come out for the second period.
According to Arthur Staple of News Day, Vanek suffered an upper-body injury and will not return.
Vanek, 29, was acquired by the Islanders in a trade with the Buffalo Sabres last month. In five games as a member of the Islanders, Vanek has one goal and three points.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45