Nov 9, 2013, 8:17 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s night didn’t last long.
The New York Islanders forward left Saturday’s game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after only one shift, and 23 seconds of ice time. He did not come out for the second period.
According to Arthur Staple of News Day, Vanek suffered an upper-body injury and will not return.
Vanek, 29, was acquired by the Islanders in a trade with the Buffalo Sabres last month. In five games as a member of the Islanders, Vanek has one goal and three points.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25