Nov 9, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Kane and Seguin have history together, dating back to their days in Switzerland during the lockout. Seguin, 21, has six goals in 16 games and is averaging just below a point per game for the Stars right now.
“He’s a great player,” Kane said of Seguin, according to CSN Chicago.
“He’s got every tool in the book as far as skill-wise and I thought he was the best player I ever played with over in Switzerland. Tremendous feet, great shot, can play the game very well offensively.”
Kane’s not so bad, either. Earlier in the week, the Blackhawks’ forward put on a stick-handling clinic in a game against the Winnipeg Jets.
Last year, with EHC Biel-Bienne in Switzerland, Kane and Seguin combined for 63 points.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)