Nov 8, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
So, it’s been a wild day for the Edmonton Oilers and general manager Craig MacTavish. Now, the question becomes: is he done dealing for the day, or is another move on the way?
According to Sportsnet.ca columnist Mark Spector, the Oilers are believed to be in discussions with the Philadelphia Flyers about forward Wayne Simmonds. Defenseman Luke Schenn was also included in the report as someone who could potentially be on his way to Edmonton.
Interesting the timing of such news. The Oilers are in Philadelphia to play the Flyers on Saturday.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, another deal does not appear to be imminent.
For what it’s worth, MacTavish told 630 CHED in Edmonton that, “Certainly no moves imminent and hopefully none for quite some time.”
The Oilers sit at the bottom of the Pacific Division, with four wins through 17 games. And on Friday, MacTavish unloaded on a pair of deals.
The first move included a trade with Edmonton’s division and Alberta rival from Calgary.
The Oilers sent defenseman Ladislav Smid and goalie prospect Olivier Roy to Calgary in exchange for forward Roman Horak and goalie prospect Laurent Brossoit.
The Oilers also signed free agent Ilya Bryzgalov, the charismatic goaltender, to a one-year contract.
I kinda liked being the only "nutty" goalie in my division…. :-(—
Strombone (@strombone1) November 09, 2013
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)