Nov 8, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
So, it’s been a wild day for the Edmonton Oilers and general manager Craig MacTavish. Now, the question becomes: is he done dealing for the day, or is another move on the way?
According to Sportsnet.ca columnist Mark Spector, the Oilers are believed to be in discussions with the Philadelphia Flyers about forward Wayne Simmonds. Defenseman Luke Schenn was also included in the report as someone who could potentially be on his way to Edmonton.
Interesting the timing of such news. The Oilers are in Philadelphia to play the Flyers on Saturday.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, another deal does not appear to be imminent.
For what it’s worth, MacTavish told 630 CHED in Edmonton that, “Certainly no moves imminent and hopefully none for quite some time.”
The Oilers sit at the bottom of the Pacific Division, with four wins through 17 games. And on Friday, MacTavish unloaded on a pair of deals.
The first move included a trade with Edmonton’s division and Alberta rival from Calgary.
The Oilers sent defenseman Ladislav Smid and goalie prospect Olivier Roy to Calgary in exchange for forward Roman Horak and goalie prospect Laurent Brossoit.
The Oilers also signed free agent Ilya Bryzgalov, the charismatic goaltender, to a one-year contract.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)