Nov 8, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
So, it’s been a wild day for the Edmonton Oilers and general manager Craig MacTavish. Now, the question becomes: is he done dealing for the day, or is another move on the way?
According to Sportsnet.ca columnist Mark Spector, the Oilers are believed to be in discussions with the Philadelphia Flyers about forward Wayne Simmonds. Defenseman Luke Schenn was also included in the report as someone who could potentially be on his way to Edmonton.
Interesting the timing of such news. The Oilers are in Philadelphia to play the Flyers on Saturday.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, another deal does not appear to be imminent.
For what it’s worth, MacTavish told 630 CHED in Edmonton that, “Certainly no moves imminent and hopefully none for quite some time.”
The Oilers sit at the bottom of the Pacific Division, with four wins through 17 games. And on Friday, MacTavish unloaded on a pair of deals.
The first move included a trade with Edmonton’s division and Alberta rival from Calgary.
The Oilers sent defenseman Ladislav Smid and goalie prospect Olivier Roy to Calgary in exchange for forward Roman Horak and goalie prospect Laurent Brossoit.
The Oilers also signed free agent Ilya Bryzgalov, the charismatic goaltender, to a one-year contract.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 6
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 11
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 49
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 104
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)