Nov 8, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
So, it’s been a wild day for the Edmonton Oilers and general manager Craig MacTavish. Now, the question becomes: is he done dealing for the day, or is another move on the way?
According to Sportsnet.ca columnist Mark Spector, the Oilers are believed to be in discussions with the Philadelphia Flyers about forward Wayne Simmonds. Defenseman Luke Schenn was also included in the report as someone who could potentially be on his way to Edmonton.
Interesting the timing of such news. The Oilers are in Philadelphia to play the Flyers on Saturday.
According to TSN’s Ryan Rishaug, another deal does not appear to be imminent.
For what it’s worth, MacTavish told 630 CHED in Edmonton that, “Certainly no moves imminent and hopefully none for quite some time.”
The Oilers sit at the bottom of the Pacific Division, with four wins through 17 games. And on Friday, MacTavish unloaded on a pair of deals.
The first move included a trade with Edmonton’s division and Alberta rival from Calgary.
The Oilers sent defenseman Ladislav Smid and goalie prospect Olivier Roy to Calgary in exchange for forward Roman Horak and goalie prospect Laurent Brossoit.
The Oilers also signed free agent Ilya Bryzgalov, the charismatic goaltender, to a one-year contract.
I kinda liked being the only "nutty" goalie in my division…. :-(—
Strombone (@strombone1) November 09, 2013
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 5
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)