Nov 7, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Predators rookie forward Filip Forsberg (a.k.a. the kid the Caps traded for Martin Erat) has apparently been assigned to AHL Milwaukee, with 22-year-old winger Taylor Beck getting the call up to the big club.
Forsberg, 19, has one goal and four assists in 11 games for Nashville this season; however, he’s seen his ice time decrease dramatically in his past few outings. Last night, he played just 6:42 in the Preds’ 6-4 win over the Avs.
Preds blog On The Forecheck notes that head coach Barry Trotz said earlier this week he’d like Forsberg to get more ice time, and that’s exactly what he should get with Milwaukee. The Admirals play Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the road versus Texas, Texas (again), and San Antonio.
Nashville plays Friday in Winnipeg and Sunday in New Jersey.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)