Nov 7, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Predators rookie forward Filip Forsberg (a.k.a. the kid the Caps traded for Martin Erat) has apparently been assigned to AHL Milwaukee, with 22-year-old winger Taylor Beck getting the call up to the big club.
Forsberg, 19, has one goal and four assists in 11 games for Nashville this season; however, he’s seen his ice time decrease dramatically in his past few outings. Last night, he played just 6:42 in the Preds’ 6-4 win over the Avs.
Preds blog On The Forecheck notes that head coach Barry Trotz said earlier this week he’d like Forsberg to get more ice time, and that’s exactly what he should get with Milwaukee. The Admirals play Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the road versus Texas, Texas (again), and San Antonio.
Nashville plays Friday in Winnipeg and Sunday in New Jersey.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13