Nov 7, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
Predators rookie forward Filip Forsberg (a.k.a. the kid the Caps traded for Martin Erat) has apparently been assigned to AHL Milwaukee, with 22-year-old winger Taylor Beck getting the call up to the big club.
Forsberg, 19, has one goal and four assists in 11 games for Nashville this season; however, he’s seen his ice time decrease dramatically in his past few outings. Last night, he played just 6:42 in the Preds’ 6-4 win over the Avs.
Preds blog On The Forecheck notes that head coach Barry Trotz said earlier this week he’d like Forsberg to get more ice time, and that’s exactly what he should get with Milwaukee. The Admirals play Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the road versus Texas, Texas (again), and San Antonio.
Nashville plays Friday in Winnipeg and Sunday in New Jersey.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)