Nov 7, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
Predators rookie forward Filip Forsberg (a.k.a. the kid the Caps traded for Martin Erat) has apparently been assigned to AHL Milwaukee, with 22-year-old winger Taylor Beck getting the call up to the big club.
Forsberg, 19, has one goal and four assists in 11 games for Nashville this season; however, he’s seen his ice time decrease dramatically in his past few outings. Last night, he played just 6:42 in the Preds’ 6-4 win over the Avs.
Preds blog On The Forecheck notes that head coach Barry Trotz said earlier this week he’d like Forsberg to get more ice time, and that’s exactly what he should get with Milwaukee. The Admirals play Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the road versus Texas, Texas (again), and San Antonio.
Nashville plays Friday in Winnipeg and Sunday in New Jersey.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)