Nov 7, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Predators rookie forward Filip Forsberg (a.k.a. the kid the Caps traded for Martin Erat) has apparently been assigned to AHL Milwaukee, with 22-year-old winger Taylor Beck getting the call up to the big club.
Forsberg, 19, has one goal and four assists in 11 games for Nashville this season; however, he’s seen his ice time decrease dramatically in his past few outings. Last night, he played just 6:42 in the Preds’ 6-4 win over the Avs.
Preds blog On The Forecheck notes that head coach Barry Trotz said earlier this week he’d like Forsberg to get more ice time, and that’s exactly what he should get with Milwaukee. The Admirals play Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the road versus Texas, Texas (again), and San Antonio.
Nashville plays Friday in Winnipeg and Sunday in New Jersey.
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 2
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 6
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18